Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Laser Trident Extreme

Scanman

Have you guys seen the Laser Trident Extreme?

http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/laser_trident_extreme.htm

The Laser Trident Extreme, a brief history
Anyone who has been in the metal detecting circuit knows the name Laser, they are a British version of the popular US make Tesoro, Pentechnic are the authorised UK service and repair centre for both makes including many other models.
I know through talking to Pentechnic earlier in the year they were looking into the possibility of producing a hybrid machine in small quantities, combining the best features from previous models while keeping within a sensible budget.

I've read about it, interesting mod, but sincerely I prefer going for the tejon and keeping the vaquero (trident II) the way it is

Looks like an awsome detector, but if you convert english pounds to US dollars I beleive it came out to over $800! Correction, I just checked, $824.

Rainyday101 said:
Looks like an awsome detector, but if you convert english pounds to US dollars I beleive it came out to over $800! Correction, I just checked, $824.

Tejon Power + Lobo Iron Rejection
Manual or Auto Ground Balance

Its kinda like getting a couple MD rolled into one

Yep $824 + shipping, and Pen technic has a US shipping option.

Scanman said:
Rainyday101 said:

Tejon Power + Lobo Iron Rejection
Manual or Auto Ground Balance

Its kinda like getting a couple MD rolled into one

Yep $824 + shipping, and Pen technic has a US shipping option.

But it hasn't auto-ground balance, only fixed and manual, it's more like a cibola and vaquero with tejon frequency

Looking at it I see a Vaquero. This is advertising hype in my honest opinion. The Vaquero already has the ED 180 circuit. Adding the battery modification does not make the detector go any deeper since the voltage supplied goes through a voltage regulator. It will however give you extended battery life vs the 9 volt. The ground balance mod has a fixed mode setting...which none of us would use unless we were beginners. And I believe the frequesnct shift is a type. It runs at 14kHz and it states that moving the switch to either side of 18kHz. I think they meant either side of 14kHz.

Topo said:
But it hasn't auto-ground balance, only fixed and manual

my bad you are correct, I do not know why I typed auto?

Topo said:
it's more like a cibola and vaquero with tejon frequency

agree

Pen#Technic makes the Lobo-Tejon reference

Hungarian said:
It runs at 14kHz and it states that moving the switch to either side of 18kHz. I think they meant either side of 14kHz.

"As you can see there is a 3 position frequency control that shifts the frequency a couple of notches either side of 18Khz which is another tweak, the tridents standard frequency is14Khz."

I read this as the Extreme is 18Khz, the stock Trident is 14kHz

Scanman said:
Topo said:
But it hasn't auto-ground balance, only fixed and manual

my bad you are correct, I do not know why I typed auto?

Topo said:
it's more like a cibola and vaquero with tejon frequency

agree

Pen#Technic makes the Lobo-Tejon reference

no problem :)

I forgot to add that I like the original Vaquero's GB knob more than the trident2. I don't like the idea of a fixed position neither a single turn adjustment

I am considering a Trident 2 Extreme. Used a Cibola in the past great results I have been told the Extreme is a Cibola on steroids !!

for that price want to be on crystal :unsure:

better detectors out there for less I am sure just grab a V plenty sparky enough !

AJ

Looks interesting, but the US to GBP is the killer, I would have to try a machine before weighing in on it ,to give it a honest review though.

May I clear up one or two misunderstandings......
UK prices include taxes (20% at the moment) while US prices are usually quoted before tax.
Goods imported into the UK from the US are also subject to import duties and obviously shipping charges.
Pen#technic does not do 'advertising hype' and the Trident 2 extreme is fitted with the same voltage regulator as the Tejon and also has the higher power transmitter. Also included is the High Tone PIC.
Dave
(Pen#technic)

I don't see anything that makes that unit any better than a Tejon. Especially for the price. It seems more like a watered down Tejon actually. No adjustable tone, lacking dual disc, no trigger, BUT has a close frequency, same batteries etc.

The only thing that may make it desirable for me would be the true No-Motion pinpoint. But then again, Tesoro says some of their current machines have a No-Motion pinpoint, and they don't. It's just a slow retune Motion All Metal pinpoint. Who knows if this is the same?

If you really want to make a hit with a Tesoro detector, just perfect the Tejon. Give it a fast retune All Metal, improve the battery situation, a real No Motion Pinpoint, and a separate tone for iron. I'd love to see a unit like that.