Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last 2 evenings , 6 hrs.

dirt doctor

Last night I got out for 2hrs. Last night's hunt (bordered ) is at the upper right of the photo .Garbage from that hunt not included in the picture ( included in that garbage was a demolished , waterlogged , older cellphone .No silver but two wheats.

Tonight's 4 hrs. gave me two silver Roosies ( both 1959's) and 3 wheats .I dug everything both nights . Nickels and zincs dominated .I used the Detech 6X8 these last 2 hunts , this is my favorite coil . The rain let up for a couple days and the weather was pleasant except the last half hour when the cold wind really picked up . More rain is supposed to come in tomorrow . It was nice to get out and get a couple of hunts in .Happy hunting !

Looks good and sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Better Luck next time.

What is that odd shaped thing below the three coins in the upper right corner?

vito said:
Looks good and sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Better Luck next time.

What is that odd shaped thing below the three coins in the upper right corner?

Thanks Vito ,Yes , it was lot's of fun !The object you are asking about is an old , brass , wooden toilet seat lid hinge . What is the object in your avatar that looks like some type of meter ?

Hello.

Thank you for the response.

That in the avatar is the clipping of a pentax camera front and you see the mirror surrounded by the bayonet joint for the lens.

All the Best.

[attachment 357234 K100D-Bayonet.JPG]

vito said:
Hello.

Thank you for the response.

That in the avatar is the clipping of a pentax camera front and you see the mirror surrounded by the bayonet joint for the lens.

All the Best.

Thank you Vito , pretty neat , I would have never figured that out . All the Best to you also .

way to go D.D.

I love it! Thanks for sharing and also big congratulations on the silvers and the wheats too. After getting the junk out of the way, it might be beneficial to go swing that coil over it again.
Thanks again for posting and HH, Nancy

Nancy-IL said:
I love it! Thanks for sharing and also big congratulations on the silvers and the wheats too. After getting the junk out of the way, it might be beneficial to go swing that coil over it again.
Thanks again for posting and HH, Nancy

Thanks Nancy , unfortunately for me they have added over six inches of cleaned fill dirt and are going to renovate that neglected field after all these years .Not only for the school but for the city's youth soccer team which is a good thing . I was lucky to have caught it during the time it was scraped . As they renovate these schools they later keep them locked .This will also make it tough on the many people who used to bring their dogs for walks there . I have found new scrape and hunted it twice but it has been a real disappointment . Good spots are getting harder and harder to find .

You've got that right about places "getting harder and harder to find". With all the horrific shootings at schools, they'll be fenced in and locked up so no one can get in the fields or playgrounds to hunt. In some towns, metal detecting is banned already. Too many are NOT retrieving their targets as they should. We've seen plate/platter holes that were left and that's one of the things that makes us mad as heck. If you own a metal detector, for God's sake, learn how to retrieve you targets without damaging the ground. Leave it as it was if not better. There's been times where I pull weeds around where I was detecting. Might as well, you're down there anyway. Sorry to ramble. I really appreciate you sharing your finds with us. It's been too windy/cold/rainy and even snowy around this state to get out to detect much. HH, Nancy