Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last 3 Hunts: Copper, Silver

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

I haven't hunted as much as I'd like to lately - it's been HOT. When I say hot, I mean 109 in the shade and there is no shade! Well, we had a bit of rain a week ago and that took some of the edge off of the heat - it got down to the low 100's and high 90's so I had to get out and swing a coil. In this heat I have to drink a lot of water and I take frequent breaks to avoid dehydration and sunstroke.

While traveling to visit a Hospice patient, I noticed a recent house tare down and made a mental note of the location. The first cooler day after the rain I went there and dug a few wheat cents, memorials and clad. The best find there was 50 pounds of scrap copper. I have already cleaned it and cut it into 1 foot pieces in preparation for recycling. The proceeds from recycling helps to support my addiction to detecting hahahha.

My friend, Kenneth, told me about a couple of abandoned houses that he had detected and found silver. My first free day I headed over to his town to check out his sights. After the rain the ground was soft and easy digging. I put my 9" spider coil on my V3i to hunt some of the more overgrown areas and get a little more depth and it payed off at both sites. Aside from wheat cents, memorials and clad, I dug 4 mercs, a silver Roosevelt and 2 rings. One of the rings is Sterling and 10K Gold Filled. The other ring had me fooled for a while - got a 10-12 VDI and thought that it was either white gold or platinum but after researching it, I discovered that it is stainless steel hahha. It sure was fun hunting and that's what it's all about! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Is that Spyder that much deeper than the 4X6?

Daddyflea, I would say that the 9" spyder coil gets at least 2 inches deeper than the 4x6 coil. It's one of my favorite coils. Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Howdy dingode--

Thanks for the identification! I had no idea that it was a rare find. Even though it is in rough condition, I'll place it with some of my other better finds. Thanks again! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

After cleaning the copper and brass scrap I visited the scrap yard and recycled the scrap in the above picture. I also included aluminum cans that I picked up. My efforts were rewarded with $97.95. Every little bit helps! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel