Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last 3 Hunts, Got A Little Of Everything...

William-NM

... got my 'fix' and found a few goodies in most of my favorite categories. These were with my AT Gold & 5x8 coil. I did some more sniffing around the area where I found the Civil War medal and found a couple more military items including an infantry collar pin and an embossed brass eagle mystery item (partial). The other item is a 3 cartridge clip circa Indian Wars era. I haven't been able to figure out the date of the infantry pin - it has a threaded brass rod with round nut - if anyone knows, please comment.
military.JPG

Along with the usual iron suspects, I like the small axe/hatchet head at bottom center. It shows no trace of having been hammered as you'd expect to see if it were a wedge - comes to a stubby point on the back edge - no hole for a handle - maybe a notched Indian style handle? I also like the horse 'bit' - first one I've found. At back right is a piece of natural sandstone that has a worn spot where it's been used to sharpen knives. Speaking of Iron... the second photo is a magnet holding up a several pound hunk of Fierro Iron. Sure makes hunting up there more fun! (yes, the magnet was a MD find, too!).
iron.JPG
iron-rock.JPG

Yar, I are be finding jools, too! The little brass locket has a Belle in hoop skirts on both sides and opens nicely. Just going from the style of dress, likely from Civil War era. The bottom right item is a Silver barrette, stamped 'Silver Mexico', .24 ounces. The center item is a brass pendant - I'm still trying to get the goo off the glass stones. Looks like Art Deco or maybe Art Nouveau era. And, a little brass/copper watch that will only tell the correct time twice a day, sadly. I also managed a fourth copper mold for (Flan??? :drool:), and four and a half marbles!
jewelry.JPG
copper-mold.JPG

I found this interesting primitive home-made die. It's metal, weighs like lead, don't want to bang on it to find out, though. Also, an engraved Copper plaque reading "Spanish II 1923". Probably a school award? Then, there's a good luck charm for Joe Madrid of Silver City, MN - hmmm, maybe we have a sister city in Minnesota or perhaps Joe was Dyslexic? No, there probably was no such condition back then.
handmade-die.JPG

Here are a couple of beat up license plates from 1947 & 1948 that will probably go on eBay for too much money, yay (hehe). There are also a couple of Chrome-plated Brass gas caps, an old ford hubcap, and my quota of plated silverware. The second photo is mostly brass, buckles (center one is marked: patent 1904), cosmetics (The ladies sure liked "Cashmere Bouquet"!), Copper print plate, Lead Delco battery tag (EXIDE), and my mystery metal melts, the ones at back right are gold colored, prob. Brass, but we can hope! :angel:
license-plates.JPG
metals.JPG

I can't resist the old bottles when I hit a 'vein' of them, heh. Found another McLean's Volcanic Linament, bluing, Clorox, perfume (fluted, at right) & a few other booze and remedies.
bottles-1.JPG
bottles-2.JPG

Just a few coins- and they're a work in progress. It's going to take a long soak to get the crud off of these. The silver war nickel is the one I couldn't find from my last post - 1945 D. 3 1940s Wheaties and a toasted 1943 French coin (aluminum), no doubt carried home from the war.
coins-1.JPG
coins-2.JPG

I hauled quite a few pounds of copper and brass home, too - here are my totes (aka gas savings accounts, heh)
copper.JPG
brass.JPG

I had a fair hunt today, too, but you'll have to tune in next week to see! </Teaser> :rofl:

Best of Luck in the Hunt to all!!

VERY NICE William!! Saw a fellow today predict oil will mosey up to the $140 a barrel mark, if so those totes of goodness will come in mighty handy!!

The Land of Enchantment, and it seems to be true, you have very good hand, William.
:clapping:
The "Spanish II" artisan plate is very, very well made, very technical and few means ...:thumbup: maybe off the plate of a drawer to the work of the second year of Spanish? It's just an idea, I like to put soul into these old bodies ...;)
Thanks for sharing
Senda

Yeah! Your hunting spot sure is a Land of Enchantment! Its almost like a whole town of people evaporated and left everything behind...Very great to await your posts!:please:
Mud

Always some nice finds and great post. .Thanking you from the land of igloos.

Thanks, guys!
Mud - that's funny, I've been watching some Nat. Geographic type shows on Pompeii, inspired by the current film. Or, maybe alien abductions?? I think some of my finds came from a hotel fire - just a guess, but it would explain the personal items.
Wandering Yoda - That's bad to hear, I was just getting used to 'cheap' gas. The good news: precious metals seem to be heading up again, too.

Hey William, that's some mighty fine hunting. Great assortment of targets with some nice age. Every piece has a story to tell and love that haul of bottles. Good job and neat post.:thumbup: HH jim tn

Wowzer you did find a bit of everything including my marbles that I have lost...come on spring. Thanks for posting and looking forwardto your next installment me bouy!

I always enjoy reading descriptions and looking at your highly interesting finds, William. Keep them coming.

Good looking haul!