Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last couple hunts, silver'd on both

jjaddict

First hunt in a local park I was exploring some lower tones to try to pick up some relics and see how they sound. I think I have a pretty good feel for small lead and brass now. They come in as a real light "bump" of a low tone. The lantern piece has a patent date of 1863, could be CW, thousands of troops camped in this park in '63. Also scored my first silver ring in over a year, I would have sworn that I was about to dig a silver dime, but I'll take it. For some reason I love digging old condom tins, never got this variety before, usually 3 merry widows.

Second hunt I went to my favorite park. Started off in an area where everything is super deep to try to learn "deep sounds". Picked up a few modern nickels that were fairly deep, but mostly dug little squeaker iron signals, I'm a gluttton for punishment, I always know I'm about to dig iron, but I just can't help myself. Keep thinking I might pick up a deep masked silver. I did pick up one wheatie in this area with some iron in the hole, felt pretty good about that. Moved to a better section of the park and nailed a gorgeous '43 d Merc with full split bands. Then I dug my deepest coins to date, not super deep, but it put a big smile on my face. I dug two deeper wheats, one almost 7" deep, loud beautiful signal. My old bounty hunter wouldn't have come close to hitting that one. One of the deeper ones was a 31 d, kept rubbing it to see if I could change the d to an s, but no dice.

I've scored silver in my last 4 hunts, if you count the .925 ring. One rosie, one barber, and now a merc, I guess I'll have to pick up my first seated next :)
Man do I love this machine!!!

Sweet finds !

And I know how you feel . . . I'm a glutton for punishment too. I always bring home a assortment of bent, rusty nails. Just can't walk away..:laugh:

Great job Adam. Looks like you are learning it well. Glad I left a few for you:thumbup: