Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

last few hunts including a 1st year Shield Nickel

Nice finds Jim.
Congrats on you first Shield Nickel. đź‘Ť
Thanks Mike. I should of been more clear in my post. This is my first Shield nickel from 1866 as I have found others in the past.

I should have made myself a bit clearer..... if higher tones one way then if I shift 90 degrees and get low iron grunts or all over the place numbers I move on........every 99 number I get is a no brainer, iron
Personally Mr. Ron, I feel this is still a bad idea.
I would dig that type of signal like a gopher on a caffeine high 🤣

Earthlypotluck, I was chasing those criss cross signals alot and came to realize what rang higher and said almost constantly 5” depth that there was nothing below, or that digging deeper showed it was much deeper. Amazingly in the Arboretum most everything old is 3-5” deep in loose rich soil. Could be a different story with a smaller coil.......?

Thanks Mike. I should of been more clear in my post. This is my first Shield nickel from 1866 as I have found others in the pas

My bad shoulda read post better and shoulda known that you have dug SNs before. But, congrats regardless. đź‘Ť

Earthlypotluck, I was chasing those criss cross signals alot and came to realize what rang higher and said almost constantly 5” depth that there was nothing below, or that digging deeper showed it was much deeper. Amazingly in the Arboretum most everything old is 3-5” deep in loose rich soil. Could be a different story with a smaller coil.......?
The F75 is a hot and sparky machine. Have you tried reducing sensitivity? I understand from your past posts, the Arboretum is loaded with trash....like a landfill loaded...
The small coil will certainly help in cutting down multiple targets under the coil thus giving you a better chance at sniffing out keepers.
Could be a whole lot more below this pile of trash you can't get to due to masking. This place sounds like a nightmare at best. You guys sure are working it like a 9-5 job and your efforts are paying off. I am wondering if you and jkline are only scratching the surface of this place :unsure:
I need to take a trip out West :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: