Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last few hunts.

Giant056

The V nickels I found in a woods my brother and I hit last Saturday, they were about 5 or 6 inches down, it was the first time I hunted the woods and the second time he's hunted there but he never knew there were old coins there. I'll be returning to the spot again cause I'm sure there silver lurking somewhere out there.
The next picture is from finds that I made Monday at a city lot where there use to be city water pumps but they took them out. The girlscout ring is a Ostby Barton vintage 30/40's. The last three times that I hunted this patch of grass I've pulled 5 mercury dimes out. This is the second water pump station I've had luck at this year.
The last two pics are of a buffalo nickel I found yesterday in a park on the other side of town, it was very deep and basically I could tell by the VDI readings that it was non-ferrous and seemed to be a coin sized target. I also found 5 wheats that were deep too. This particular park has been real good to me this year, I can't really say exactly how many silvers I've gotten there but it's the only place I found a silver half this year and it was a 1900 barber.

Very nice finds. Those old pump stations are a good spot for older coins. Thanks for posting..... Love the Buffalo nickel. Is that a wore out token? HH, Nancy

NICE!! Love those old nickles myself. Over 3700 nickles in two years hunting and only one V nickle. Conratulations!!