Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last Ghost Town Hunt Before Crops Get Planted

jimmyk

After a cold, wet Spring, we've had nearly a week of warm breezy weather and the fields are drying out. The farmer parked his tractor on the Ghost Town site and is ready to plant, so I got in one last hunt until the crops come out next Fall.

Started the hunt with the last of the junky areas with my Deep Tech Gold. Pulled out the broken spoon/fork hanle at the top. Next to it is a brass buckle with some silver plating on it. Found the four brass harmonica reed pieces, as well as the back of a coat button and an 1869 Shield nickle. The Deep Tech also pulled out the two small pistol balls.

I decided to hunt the perimeter areas outside of the town proper with my Blissoot with a 15" coil for maximum coverage. The area are pretty free of trash. Found eight Civil War bullets and the heavy brass round item with all the holes. No ideaa what it was used for.

Really enjoyed hunting the ghost town site since last Fall. Being only three miles from my house was a plus. Found 86 Civil War bullets and eight pre 1900 coins. Wnen it gets plowed next Fall, the junkey areas will be all new again.

Thanks for lookin' and keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri