Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

last hunt of the year. discovery 3300 finds my first ever Vickie

PostalTwo

Last hunt of the year. Out with some friends before the snow flies at 5" id 142 nailed my first Vickie quarter 1883. This is now my oldest coin and oldest silver. Cheers everyone HH

WTG Postal!
That's a really super nice find.
Although I've found silver jewelry with my Legacy 3500, I still haven't found my 1st silver coin. Although I've searched a few older sites, they have'nt given up the silver coins yet. I keep telling myself that they're yet to come.

Walt

BH505Man said:
WTG Postal!
That's a really super nice find.
Although I've found silver jewelry with my Legacy 3500, I still haven't found my 1st silver coin. Although I've searched a few older sites, they have'nt given up the silver coins yet. I keep telling myself that they're yet to come.

Walt

Walt keep swinging. The silver will come. One thing I have found is that my machine likes to be swung slow I believe ur machine is the same. I swing at about 1 full second in about 6 to 8" it seems super slow and it is but it works. U can get away with faster on the shallow stuff but the deeper finds can be skipped over with a faster swing. Also targets next to trash can be found with the slow swing. Keep going the finds will come gl HH btw this coin was my 19 th silver of the season

farmer85j said:
Postal thats a nice coin. What is the zap button on your detector for? Congradulations on that coin.
Zap is just a quick way to discriminate a target, for example u run over a pull tab, the machine id's the target a a pull tab. When u push zap that target will now be notched out. I never use it sometimes I use some iron discrimination but that's it usually I run wide open

Thats some beautiful old silver there, Postal! :drool: Congratulations on a strong finish!:clapping:
Mud

that would be nice but im in edmonton alberta canada and right now our nights are below freezing every night. snow is gonna happen any day now. this time last year we had 8"of snow on the ground. anything is possible tho i think this sat is forcast for 1C thats 1 degree above freezing. cheers