Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last hunt

senda

Hello buddies :detecting::twodetecting:
My last hunt this past week. I walked back to the village in the mountains. A quiet place with just 3 neighbors and a dozen houses of different eras but with an average age of 200 years surrounded by orchards, pastures and oak forest. It is inhabited by many wild animals, the largest wild boar, deer, roe deer, wolves, bears. Right now there are 3 bears in this area, with a population of 75 to Spain is not bad. There are also foxes, badgers, martens, martens, squirrels and many birds. The man has been here established more than 2000 years. 1 hour walk there is a Cantabrian castro of the iron age, abandoned since the arrival of the Romans. There are naming this village written in 1100 AD.
Well, I came to the village in the afternoon and after greeting all the neighbors personally and my friend the owner of the house where I stay I set out to find. Owner had permission to enter a property used for pastures. The owner has small apartments for rent and near them a very old building.
I stayed there until sunset, almost two hours. Lots of trash. Many small iron always discriminate. A toy car, very ugly. A coin resealed in 1652 with value of 4 maravedís quite well.
20150928_163124%20doble_zpsvtjlhaus.jpg

Two more coins, in very poor condition. Very difficult to identify.
20150925_174807%20triple_zpsxkxubvom.jpg

The evening devoted to rest, dinner with two friends and a little wine:cheers: and a little rum,:beers: and much talk and laugh and much more rum.:buds:
In the morning I returned to the same place. Forget headphones in the car. I did not want to look back. I walked away from the apartments to not disturb. The morning was beautiful. The sun was shining at half power. The flies began to flit through my head like a swarm. They not posed that sprayed me with insect repellent but did not stop buzzing in my ears (no headphones).
I do not know how long I was, but when I burned the eighth cigarette smoke was over I had to go.
An iron ring of some herding a wagon. A buckle. Some coins in disrepair.
20150925_174922%20doble_zpstaf0ulcy.jpg

A part of a brass lamp.
20150928_163610%20triple_zpsiqtp28y5.jpg
Two shotgun shells for hunting. The clamp screw a scythe.
An ax, iron, broken, strange, weird. The eye is missing. Weighs 200 grams. I searched online but there is little solid information.
20150926_113019%20doble_zpszbaiemsa.jpg

20150926_124021%20cuadruple_zpsqftrdbwm.jpg

I found this photo of a ax in a similar way. It was found in Ireland, in a river. It dates from the year 100/200 AD.
IMG_2168%20doble_zpswykri8py.jpg

Other pages consulted indicate that it is a kind of hatchet, from the early Middle Ages, to the seventh / eighth century.
Funde-im-Stolper-See_zpspyiychfb.jpg

At the beginning of my hobby, I found 500 meters another similar piece.
20150927_215044_zpssb9bcv76.jpg

I think it's important to inform the regional museum.
Finally, this small badge of the religious order of the Passionist Fathers is the result of the previous hunting but due to its small size I was forgotten in the pocket of working trousers. Black shield with white cross and a heart inside which are incised the words "JESUXPI PASSIO" and the three nails.
20150923_211452_zpswfoa0eln.jpg

thanks for watching

Man.......you sure find some great old relics. I can only dream of finding stuff that old. I like that religious medallion.......

Thank you for your kind words Scott.f, Doc holiday, Dgruff and John ...and to all who have taken a look
I will keep you informed

John, is there this year Christmas gifts exchange? I would like to participate.

Unbelievable the ground you hunt, has a few thousand years head start on us. All the wars that have been fought in Europe, back and forth, I would think in places iron, treasure, relics must be aplenty. Have you found this so Senda ?

Relics finds dates back to other times. Good finds and descriptions.

I do not understand the meaning of your question, I will try to answer. If the answer is incorrect, please repeats me your question, don't worry...
Yes, I have two advantages and one disadvantage. A very old history and a region with very few detectorists.
The disadvantage with the United States. When You used silver coins, copper used here. US history is short but well documented.
I've always found a coin at least.
Yes there are many places. Many good places. But Spanish laws are very restrictive with respect to detection. Theoretically if you have an estate of your property you can dig several meters down to build a house, a swimming pool and an underground garage, cultivating the remaining land with a large tractor, to a bomb shelter and go three meters high but ... pass a detector? oh no, that would destroy the potential archaeological sites. Luckily this only happens in some areas of the Iberian Peninsula with high archaeological value, Andalucia, Extremadura and Castile more than 70% of the territory. Here in Cantabria, if you do not violate the Holy Places Aqueologicos no problems. We can also make large holes, the grass grows back very quickly.
BINGOO%20dos%20letras_zpsrjh9hxb4.jpg

LAST%20HUNT%20SEP212015%20places%20dos_zps3ubv8f3f.jpg

LAST%20HUNT%20SEP212015%20places_zpsc6sing82.jpg