Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last hunts finds

LaRelic

Some finds from my hunt last week. A couple harness rings, a key hole cover for a padlock, a 1848 large cent, and a musket or shotgun barrel! I compared the barrel to other civil war muskets barrels in a friends collection and the inside diameter was the same. The barrel is thicker than the ones i compared to and is missing the sight. It is also tapered like most muskets i have seen. The barrel was cut off with pipe cutter after being bent to enable it to still be used which evidently was common because i have seen several found this way. I have found several hand molded buck and balls in the same area which could be used in a musket or a shotgun. I guess i may never know for sure. Thanks for looking!!

Nice job. Loved the barrell. cch

Thanks for sharing the finds and interesting info on the barrel.