Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last nights excellent hunt....

WessThompson

I hit a site I have done quite a few times and have pulled some great finds from in the past...and wow did I have some serious success. Signals are few and far between. This place is LOADED with old square nails and iron. I decided to creep through the iron. I find I often get high toned chirps from square nails and iron with my Explorer. I decided if I got any sort of coin sound...be it a quick iron chirp...even one way... I would dig it as I know finds from 6" plus here are old. I believe the place was in a fire. When I dig down 5" plus the ground is thick with red brick, ceramics, ash, glass, you name it.

Well, this method worked. In my first hole, I removed SIX square nails...once I took these out of the hole, wouldn't you know it. Three coins in one hole!!

I repeated this procedure for an hour and a half. In an area smaller than 10 feet square.

My second hole I got 4 square nails...and 2 coins.

My third hole....several square nails and iron pieces...a spoon fragment, and yes...ONE coin.

My next hole...again more square nails, a knife blade, piece of lead, 1 coin, and a military button.

I only dug 3 holes that turned out to be iron falsing....with no coin in the hole. I was spending about 20 mins per hole *haha* I wish I could sift this site!!!

So...I walked away with an 1831 U.S. Large Cent with holes drilled in it. An 1832 half penny token. An 1837 Un Sou token

Also a bunch of George II, III or other *hah* 1700's anyhow. The oldest being 1722

Also found this military button...I can see a crown and leaves around the border...nothing more

Thanks for looking

DSC04420.jpg

DSC04491.jpg

DSC04498.jpg

DSC04497.jpg

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04502.jpg

Wess

when are we all going to get out for a hunt?? :)

Hmmm...could be thistles. Hard to tell. They do start at the bottom and go all the way up to mid crown. Looks like a bow in the bottom center...and maybe something else there?!

You know how those damn pewter buttons hold up :(

Has an iron shank...looks 1812 or earlier...ohhh...cuff button too

Rich and I got together with his Mom last week but we didn't get a lot. He did well on musket balls. I don't know, not much open in the way of fields around here. Conchita comes back from the Philippines tomorrow. We have 8 new spots picked out for the fall and should be able to find more by then. She's really looking forward to learning to detect.

it will be nice when the fields open up that's for sure.
I forgot Conchita was getting into detecting. You lucky man! *haha* I ahve tried to nudge my wife into the hobby...but it's not happening :(

Did you buy some new machines?