Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last night's finds...a ringer of an evening! and this year's silver :)

Danimal

Went with my son and his BH Fast Tracker down to a river nearby where there exists several large swimming holes downstream from waterfalls. We hunted the rocky shorelines where swimmer and hikers for years have prepared to get wet.
The first find (not pictured, as he wanted to show it off to friends today) for my son Spencer was a beautiful Seiko wristwatch, SS and 14K gold buried under about 4" of mud and slate. It has slight water damage and wasn't working. After he's done with it, I will look into the age and whether it can be repaired or not. It looks near new still.
After that we proceeded to find a number of rings (two appear QUITE old and were pretty deep (6" or more)and under heavy rock cover. One has a nice polished tiger eye, and appears to have been gold plated, with very fine detail work in the lattice. The other is either white gold or silver (very little tarnish but under the loupe looks very aged)but has no stamp on the inside. It has a very intricate design on the outside and appears handmade. Yet another LOOKS nice, but appears to be Avon with a fake blue stone. Then Spencer found a .925 Signet ring with his initial on it, and it fots him!...he wore this home as well as the watch! The last one is stamped .925 and has two dolphins on it (with a cracked band)
On the relic front, we found an old small guage shotgun shell end, a small lock that looks old, a pin for a championship ladies bowler and a cig holder.
On the coin front, 4 wheaties (no key dates..all from the 1930s and 40s), an undated Buffalo and a 1959 Rosie in VF condition (also some clad)
We have found two Mercs in this area before, and there are rock carvings nearby dating to the 1850s, so the area has some history.
Also shown is my silver coins found so far this year. I just started hunting in Feb. 2006. I use a Garrett ACE250, stock coil.
Thanks for looking and HH all!
Dan