Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last Scuba Tector hunt of the season....possibly

OK. You have ruined me. I'm getting my gear as soon as possible. I spent most of my teen life in the water and all the regular metal detector sites are blah. Nice finds. Thanks for all your replies. Seems the Scuba Tector doesn't have that much of a problem with gold. I can't think of a more fun way to stay cool and expand this hobby. Best of luck.

It is a really fun little unit. It is easy to conceal to hunt places where detectors are not allowed. I use a full face snorkel mask which is fantastic to use while hunting. I can hunt 4 hrs plus without stopping. Have you been to my FB page, Goldsboro Treasure Hunting Lounge? Look through the photos to see what I have found with the Scuba Tector. At first, I did not think it would be fun finding newer coins, but I have become addicted. I have found a lot of jewelry as you can see in the pics, a couple gold rings, a few silver and even more ice rings. I slide a quarter up the shaft until the detector starts to beep, then back it off until beeping stops, and secure the quarter in place with rubber bands. That gives me an extra inch of depth. A little trick. Get on my FB page and let me know how you do when you get one. If you have any questions, please let me know. Also, Quest now sells a black one (vs the bright orange), which I would opt for for more stealth.

Yeah-I've followed you as you seem to be the only one whor realizes the potential of using waterproof pinpointers and the stealth part only-in my view- protects our hobby as it keeps jealous people from complaining about our love of detecting. Also, there is less chance of property destruction with the limited depth. But the one factor-the fun factor-is the best side. Cool water on a hot summer day, and family along for picnics, and swimming-so relaxing.

And when I use the detector, I am using it snorkeling only. I don't make holes and all the action is underwater. You cannot metal detect in state parks. I am now able. Nobody knows when you are snorkeling and the work is taking place underwater. I am not hurting anything or bothering anyone. I am in and I am out, no harm done. I love it. And I remain amazed at all of the stuff people lose in the water.

:thumbup:
comisoas said:
And when I use the detector, I am using it snorkeling only. I don't make holes and all the action is underwater. You cannot metal detect in state parks. I am now able. Nobody knows when you are snorkeling and the work is taking place underwater. I am not hurting anything or bothering anyone. I am in and I am out, no harm done. I love it. And I remain amazed at all of the stuff people lose in the water.[/quote
A fun trip back to childhood for me-doing what I love under ideal conditions. Just wondering-ever see bill floating by? Was hunting years ago with goggles and was shocked to see a dollar bill floating underwater.

My son has, while he was snorkeling with me. I can't recall if it was a one or a five dollar bill. He also found a nice pair of sunglasses that I wear.