Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last Sundays hunt was interesting......

Went to check out a new house site but it was so overgrown I couldn't even get my coil to the soil and anywhere I could get close there were big sheets of tin roofing hidden under the weeds. This one will have to wait until early spring. Managed a couple of big pennies on the edge of the woods but both very corroded.

[attachment 59474 june3rd07fort.jpg]

Noticed quite a lot of pottery and glass bits laying in the field a 100' away so decided to see what I could find in what was obviously the dump. Dug up a whole wack of copper, brass and aluminum to be sorted when I got home. This house was still standing into the forties so lots of junk.

[attachment 59475 june3rd07fort2.jpg]

The what "might be" keepers pouch full.

[attachment 59476 june3rd07fort3.jpg]

A bunch of buckles, fasteners, toy bits etc. Finding a bird crock in one piece is one of my dreams.

[attachment 59477 june3rd07fort4.jpg]

Some WW1 army and navy buttons along with a collar badge of the 164th Halton & Dufferin regiment. An 1833 trade token and a cracked imitation 1812 Tiffin token. There are some many variants of the original that the standard token guide doesn't list them all. I've found 9 and 4 aren't listed. Never found an original.

[attachment 59478 june3rd07fort5.jpg]

Best find of the day was this .57 Enfield round with a clay insert. Found a similar one 4-5 years ago but it was mashed. Nobody seems to have any info on this one.

[attachment 59479 clayenfieldmay3rd07.jpg]

Thanks for looking and GH, Chris