Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last time out in 2020

dfmike

Winter has finally set in and in 24 hours, the temps dropped from freezing point to way below zero (-10 Celsius or 14F) with a sprinkling of snow. Fortunately I got a few hours of detecting yesterday and found some silver yet again. My first target was a 1940 silver quarter ! Not a bad start. My second target was a 1919 large cent which was about a yard from the quarter. Getting better ! I then found a rusty bottle cap and next to that one, a 1919 silver dime. It went downhill from there and all I got after that were a few pennies from the 40's and 50's.

The place was yet again infested with bottle caps and I got fooled by a good dozen. I was using the FC24 coil 5 x 10 just to cover more ground and go a little deeper. I feel much more confident in target ID and sound when I use the FC13 so I will head out there again with that coil when I get the chance in 2021. I like using the bigger coil just to get a feel for an area / if an area has potential. If it has, the smallest coil will snatch the goodies next. I was using the Fors CoRe with same settings as usual for trashy areas.

I hope everybody gets something good before 2020 is over. HH.

Attachments

• finds-dec14-001.jpg
    finds-dec14-001.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 166
  • finds-dec14-002.jpg
    finds-dec14-002.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 153
  • finds-dec14-003.jpg
    finds-dec14-003.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 182
Glad you could make some good finds before having to shut down for the winter! Im sitting at home with 4” snow on the ground and its lightly raining at 33F. It’s gonna be a long wait I’m afraid as forecast is not looking good for awhile.

Congrats on your finds! I'm in Iowa right now, and hoping I might get one more chance to get out early next week, as we are supposed to have a couple of days in the 40's. Hopefully the ground will not be frozen solid.