Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last two outings with the Gamma

capt.

And think I did pretty good. Had nickels from 1963 and 1964 and pennys from 1961, 63 and 64. Closest I came to silver was a 1966 and 67 dime. Not a lot of silver in my area... at least I haven't found any lately, but I am working on it. Worked an area of the local park today that had no fill dirt according to the trees. Unfortunately the people don't go in that part anymore either. That is where the Buffalo nickel and 2 other nickels came from. Also picked up 2 very old shotgun shell brass with the cardboard shell that amazingly was still in one of them. NOT ONE SINGLE HIGH TONE! Think it has been cherry picked sometime in the past.

4 bucks and change came from a local middle school 3 days ago and the rest came from the park today. Had a DEEP signal (9+inches) in an obscure part of the school yard and It was coming in strong and didn't pass the aluminum can test.... cut a plug and started digging. Pinpointer out and nothing... dug a little more and pinpointer is beeping. Because of the POTENTIAL for silver in this area I started being careful with the digging. Now we all know how the sides of coins look and what came in to view was SILVER and ribbed and BIG! Man did I get excited! a little more care digging with a screwdriver revealed a stainless steel WATCH BEZEL of some sort about the size of a half dollar. Sometimes fate is really cruel man...

capt.

It really is a great detector. I have had a blast with mine...

capt.