Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last week gold...This week silver...

REVIER

Two winters hunting in Alabama where the ground never freezes, and one winter here in Kansas where last year it didn't but this year it could, still trying to wrap my head around the fact I could get shut down for months if it does.
Already had a record breaking year, but I am still trying to add as much to those totals as possible in case this happens.

I have gone back to using the Compadre for the foreseeable future since it is my premier jewelry finder, and I am a jewelry hunter for the most part.

Last week my little buddy found me a small gold ring, yesterday he sniffed out a 13.5 gram silver necklace for me.

As long as the weather holds out, I am still hoping for a few more quality jewelry pieces to add to this years total.

Nice work Man! Was it in the dirt? What did it sound like? I found a smaller one than yours that sounded exactly like one of those wires off a chain link fence..Mud

way to go

it's nice finding a chain that's ready to wear....I've found several that need repair,might take up jewelry repair so i have some Xmas gifts this year...
last time i was in Alabama..was my first time digging orange clay...made me appreciate soft ground and the beaches...GL HH

mudpuppy said:
Nice work Man! Was it in the dirt? What did it sound like? I found a smaller one than yours that sounded exactly like one of those wires off a chain link fence..Mud

Actually mud, this was a very lucky find.
I was hunting with a friend around some picnic areas at a very old and very trashy park.
Sta-tabs, beaver tail tabs, foil and pop tops everywhere I swung so I was hunting mostly with the knob at just below the 3:00 position hoping to come across any silver, dimes, quarters zinc pennies and any larger gold rings.
I got tired of that so I wandered across the street to an area that had some old baseball fields and hunted the grass in the outfield area of one...something I won't do during the playing season.
Less trash here so I played with the disc knob a little more.
In the grass about 5 yards past the end of the dirt field behind the shortstop position I hit a zinc signal and dug a zincoln, and as I stood up I swung over another signal about 2 feet away and got another signal with that knob still on zinc.
I dug another zincoln that was shallow, and then something told me I had better recheck the area so I lowered that knob and hit another signal in the exact area of that second zincoln.
This one disced out just below the nickel mark and was a solid tone just like a coin would be.
I dug down about 2 inches below where I found that second penny and saw the end of a silvery looking chain.
I extracted it and knew immediately this was silver before I even saw a mark.
As long as it was, it was broken and the end with the lobster clasp was not attached.
I figured as long as I was so lucky, let's try this again so I scanned the area after lowering that knob down further,
Wouldn't you know it...about an inch over from that big chain in the sidewall of the same hole I got another signal that disced out further down in almost to the foil mark and found the other end of that chain!

Considering this was a large area and I just happened to wander over the area with this chain, and that zinc signal atracted me to this spot in the first place, this was a very lucky find...but I will take it.

There are 2 other fields in the same area so we will go back to this spot soon and do a more thorough search of all the outfields since I suspect more jewelry is hidden out there.

These outfields are large areas with not a lot of trash so this is a perfect place to use my Vaquero with the 10X12 DD coil to find even more treasure.

Great find and thanks for all the detailed info!