Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last weekend digs

Eric in RI

Been awhile since I posted, been going thru a bit of a dry spell. Managed to get out last Saturday for a few hours with my buddy Ron at the park. Ron said that the goal for the day was either an Injun or silver dime each. He wasn't setting the bar too high, but neither of us reached that goal. Ron ended up getting 5 wheats. I ended up getting 7 wheats and an old trolley token.

The next day I decided to go back to the park to see if I could reach the previous days goal. I worked an area that I've hit real hard in the past where keepers have been found. I went to the trashiest part of this section near the edge of the woods. I came across my first wheatie at about 6". I slowed my pace to practically a baby's crawl, I got a really bouncy signal that was pretty much pegged for depth. Numbers made no sense, they came up iron to the high 70's. After my 5th scoop of dirt removed from the hole, the target was finally out and it was a nickel. Turned out to be a decent 1927 Buffalo. That sucker was every bit of 10" deep. Deepest coin I ever dug. Unfortunately it wasn't one of the goal coins, so I had to continue with the hunt. As time went by, I added another 6 wheats to my pouch, but the oldies were not coming out. I decided to go to another pounded by me section. Last time I was there I got skunked, so I didn't have high expectations. I slowly worked my coil over the ground and dodged many iron grunts. I came across a mid 70's signal that bounced a bit to iron and had the occasional iron grunt sound. I dug down about 5" and removed a rusty nail. I was about to fill the hole in, but scanned it again with the pro pointer. There was another signal but a little deeper. I scooped another 2 - 3" of dirt and was rewarded with the 1890 Injun. These 5x8 coils are super awesome in iron littered sites. I decided to call it a day after I got the Injun since the goal had been met. I also took pics and sent them to my buddy Ron to let him know that I reached the goal, only a day late hahaha. HH!

Hey....you had fun and got some great finds. That's some incredible depth that the nickel was found at. It's always good to dig all deep signals. :)