Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Last weekend of the year…..

Ronstar

Kinda cold but the ground was easy to dig and just had to get out. Didnt find anything earth shattering but came home with more coins than has been the norm.

Saturday was a small patch of grass on the back side of a classroom building and ended up with $3.80 in clad (mostly 70-80s). Sunday was a sleeper until I was on my way back to my truck……
I had 40c in clad and the truck was maybe 50 yards away when all of a sudden that Legend started chattering like an old geiger counter on speed! With in minutes I had a pouch full of coins that were only 1” deep and still shiny. Ended up with $1.85 in under 5 minutes. I elected to ignore the zincoln hits but I bet 15 or so still there. Had one deeper dime hit that ended up being probably a WW2 cuff button. One hit of interest was a solid repeatable 47 that ended up being two dimes stacked on top of a quarter. Area was maybe 8’x5’ and next to a major sidewalk. I was using the 11” coil running in Park with 25 Sens and a 7 Recovery speed. Even tho shallow I was able to identify a dime less that inch from a zincoln
Later today I will go downstairs and tally up my 2023 clad count but should have topped $50!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1766.jpeg
    IMG_1766.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
Kinda cold but the ground was easy to dig and just had to get out. Didnt find anything earth shattering but came home with more coins than has been the norm.

Saturday was a small patch of grass on the back side of a classroom building and ended up with $3.80 in clad (mostly 70-80s). Sunday was a sleeper until I was on my way back to my truck……
I had 40c in clad and the truck was maybe 50 yards away when all of a sudden that Legend started chattering like an old geiger counter on speed! With in minutes I had a pouch full of coins that were only 1” deep and still shiny. Ended up with $1.85 in under 5 minutes. I elected to ignore the zincoln hits but I bet 15 or so still there. Had one deeper dime hit that ended up being probably a WW2 cuff button. One hit of interest was a solid repeatable 47 that ended up being two dimes stacked on top of a quarter. Area was maybe 8’x5’ and next to a major sidewalk. I was using the 11” coil running in Park with 25 Sens and a 7 Recovery speed. Even tho shallow I was able to identify a dime less that inch from a zincoln
Later today I will go downstairs and tally up my 2023 clad count but should have topped $50!!!!
Nice way to finish the year Ron. Congrats on the respectable clad score. My last hunt of the year was a couple days after Christmas. I was also in Park, M3 and 7 recovery speed. It was an old trashy park and the only coins I found, the Legend sniffed out a 3 wheatie spill from the 40s. So yeah I would say you did quit well. Good luck. Mark

Thanks folks! A couple places we hit pretty often is getting harder and harder to find anything. May have to start wearing all black and start prowling the neighborhoods at night…….