Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Late 1800's home site

3RINGER

"You can hunt it but it's been hunted aready". I have come to expect that statement but enjoy going into those iron infested sites with the Racer and sniper coil. Hunted this place Friday and came home with a 1896 IH, 1890 V nickel and a coin or token with a "C" wrapped in stars..????? Any help on ID'ing that one would be apprieciated.

Also pulled in a round disk with a stag walking through the woods, maybe a broach face.

V nickel is soaking but will post a shot when it's out. Gotta enjoy how this thing sniffs out the goods.

n/t

I took it as a old stile C. I've searched and searched and can't find any info so far. Getting a better magnifier this week to see if I can make out better detail.

Wish it did have something to do with GW, that would be a first for me lol

A lot of those coins when they get toasted from the dirt are hard to find but if you know your detector then they can't escape

Just got word that I was looking at the coin wrong...had it upside down. It's not a "C", it the bottom of a "5". My first shield nickel! Now to try and make out a date.

Two first for me in one hunt, a V nickel and a shield nickel with the Racer. Heading back to the property Thursday for another hunt...can't wait to see what may pop out.