Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Late December's silver lining and a snake in the grass :crazy:

Ytcoinshooter

I took advantage of an unusually mild day and bolted out to detect for a few hours. My stepson Casey has been detecting for a couple of seasons now and we met up after he got his rest from working all Christmas until midnight at corrections. I planned to to take him back to a spot we did in April when he found a huge silver ring. Instead of his ACE 250 with 8" coil I set him up with my ATPro with 11" DD sand set it in STD custom so he would hear that familiar bell tone over coins. Most here are pretty deep at 5" and much more. I set out with my V3i and stock 10" DD coil. First couple of hits were wheats and then I got this 1947 dime at a solid 6". Popped a few more cents and clad then got another signal that I was sure was silver at a bit over 6". Numbers in the low 80's and the 3 frequency pinpoint had me confident. The 3 freq pinpoint feature is unique and unlike other visual indicators it is reliable at depth. I tried to be careful, you might be able to make out Liberty's head on this dateless SL quarter. Somehow I must have whacked it as I saw after I rinsed it. if it had a date I'd be upset at myself. But heck, these smooth ones were pretty common in change when I was a young boy. Next up I got a cent / dime reading at 5" and this plated medal showed No chain anywhere to be found to I moved on finding a couple more wheats and trying to get Casey over a silver. The couple times I told him to dig a probable that I located he waved me on. I know he wants to locate it himself. He was scoring a few wheats but I could tell he was intent on finding his own sliver. He put me on one of my most productive sites this year, a drained lake his friend and fellow officer has a cottage on. So I'm feeling like its his turn. Next I get a possible quarter signal but this one is shallow, no more than 4". Silver Snake in the grass looks to be .800 fine, wish the other marks were clearer. I had a great time digging this late in the year, 7 wheats from the 40's & 50's and pushed my silver coin count to 83. This is what I call a good day, decently productive for just a bit more than 3 hours.
HH - Bruce

I told my wife today I had to monitor the forum, I had a feeling Bruce would be posting again. Sure enough more silver for the coin shooter. Man that is sweet. If you get a couple more good days you could possibly hit the century mark. I hope you do. That's really cool setting up your stepson with the pro and showing him the ropes. When I hunt with someone I love to watch them get the pay off for the hard work. Great pics and terrific story. Good luck to you and your stepson.

Nice ring and nice silver:thumbup:.......you did real good!!!

Great finds! Looks like a very productive site! Love the Standing Liberty!

Man, nice finds. I have yet to find a SL coin. They are hard to come by. Just ordered my 13in Ultimate coil.....cant wait to go out again. HH

GREAT TACTIC! Right on - you made my day! Too funny :rofl:!

Quadruple silver! Sweet

Great finds there..! I have not yet found a standing Q, thats a pretty coin...starting to dream here..:clapping:
Mud

Nice finds Bruce. Did you ever find anything real good at Page Park? I think you probably cleaned it out LOL!!