Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Late to post saturday finds at Santa Cruz

Kyle in Sac

I noticed on the tide chart low tide last Sat. morning was going to be -0.70 or something like that at Santa Cruz. I convinced my girl to get up at 3am and drive 3 hours out there. I got there about two hours pass low tide again but I jumped right in the mine and went to work. The water was really low compared to just a week before and alot of sand had moved out from the beach. I remembered where the area was someone told me they lost a ring and started checking it out. I wasn't finding much so I moved out into the mine a little more. I was about chest deep in the mine and found a spot where alot of stuff was hitting on the machine. Lot's of bottle caps and what not but I figured this is where the stuff on the beach was resting. I was pretty far out. I heard a wierd mixed kind of tone and pulled out a cheap SS watch. After a few junk targets I heard a nice tone and after trying to recover it in my scoop a bunch of times recovered a 10k ring with a black onyx and two small chip diamonds.

I kept going and found more junk and I heard a splashing in the water behind me. This is early in the morning and nobody is around. I turn around and see nothing. I went back to work and heard it again. I turn around and this seal was about 20 feet in the water from me staring at me. It scared the crap out of me. He disappeared and popped back up 15 feet away and stared at me again. This kinda freaked me out so I got out of the water and hunted the lane. Couldn't find much at all. A few clads that's it. I search the dry sand the rest of the day as the water was pretty cold and I didn't want to go back it. I found lots of clad on the beach. Also found another ring but it was fake. I was all excited cause the CZ was so big. I did see a sand swinger when I was in the mine but he was working the side of the boardwalk and I didn't talk to him.

Anyway, the good ring was like 1.5 grams and the diamonds although small are real. Not bad for 2 hours in the water. Found gold both times at Santa Cruz so far so I'm happy.

Here's the pictures,

[attachment 64288 July2707findingsSantacruz.jpg]

[attachment 64289 July2707findingsSantacruz2.jpg]

[attachment 64290 July2707findingsSantacruz3.jpg]

NIce stuff Kyle, really like the gold ring. the fakes really pump up the ol ticker.lol...

white shark closed the beach I was working yesterday morning. Never saw people get out of the water so fast, hope they lost some jewelry :devil:...So maybe the seal was doing the same thing...main beach is good to hunt but wait till winter and the large swells come in and take out the sand(I Hope) combined with - tides...once you experience on of those...nirvana..
HH
capt

You did great yesterday, but a game plan must be in order for future - tides. 1st try to overcome the fear of being in the water, the sharks really don't want to eat you. If the - tide is a 2 tide day, get to the water 4 hours before the low and work through it another 4 hours. This way you will maximize your potential work time. If it is a 3-4 tide day then get there 2 hours before the low and work at least 2 hours after the low. What you found, was just scratching the surface of what's available in the water. This area probably does not get much pressure, because the Pacific is brutal! Good luck Kyle. GH

right spot on gulf hunter, the pacific, cold 53 to 58 degrees, low visablity, strong wave action, surge and rips.

yep excersise care in the water, look for troughs and dips in the sand bed and where the people congragate. Most only go in about ankle to waist deep..lot of stuff slides off in the wet sand after they exit the water.