Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

LATEST 3D TRIPLE DISCRIMINATION MODIFICATION

Bleaver

I just completed modifying my Black Vaquero. This 3D modification has a Enhanced Zinc Accept / Reject Mode making it a real alternative to a Golden uMax.

I really like this system. As a coin and small gold ring hunter it is excellent. Once the toggle is activated it only takes one or two swings to classify the target. It is really fast.

I usually, set the Narrow/Wide toggle to wide to start. If I'm dissatisfied with the ratio of zincs I go to narrow to get rid of them. The Toggle on the face plate gets used on every target.

The stock discrimination pot (knob) continues to work exactly as on any every other Tesoro. The faceplate toggle adds two set discrimination points. When used with the discrimination set to foil that give 3 preset levels of discrimination, thus the term 3D or Triple Discrimination. The detector effectively avoids pulltabs and still responding to targets in the nickels range and in the coin range.
So it’s the operators choice to operate, 1 in the stock configuration or, 2 utilize a 3 level Discrimination.

SOME SPECIFICS ON THIS MOD
- On earlier mods I would remove all the controls from the face. This time I only removed two controls from the face to work on with better results. One control was the Discrimination Pot shown still in place on the face plate. Desoldered the white wire. The other was the Frequency Switch which was removed and in its place the 3D (mom)/on/(mom) Toggle installed.
- Installation of the Narrow/Wide Toggle on the bottom of the control housing took longer than any other part of the modification for me. The Toggle has to fit in between the female cable plug and the back of the circuit board. There is absolutely no room for error here and the measurements have to be exactly correct for the Narrow/Wide Toggle to fit in the space.
- I show the 3 trim pots in a second picture.
The one on the bottom of the face plate has a N on it and is the trim pot that sets the Nickel level for 3D toggle. The two on the top of the face plate are marked Zn and W. Zn is for Narrow and W is for Wide and are selected from the toggle on the bottom of the control housing. Which ever of these settings Narrow/Wide is selected sets the Zink level for the 3D toggle.
- Do not abandon the wiring when the frequency Frequency Switch inside the detector as I did on my previous mod. Instead 3 of the wires need to be soldered together then heat shrink. Either the (white, yellow, red) or (white, black, green). The 2 not selected yellow/red or black/green will be abandoned in the case heat shrinked.

I’m very happy with how it came out.

AGAIN THE ONLY TESORO THAT I HAVE TRIED AND NOT BEEN SUCESSFUL ON IS THE CURRENT SILVER UMAX.

Thanks for the kind words.