Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

leaking atpro

jimmy clark

HOW MANY OF YOU ATPRO OWNERS,THAT DO A LOT OF WATER HUNTING HAVE HAD YOUR DETECTOR TO LEAK? I'm ASKING BECAUSE IM IN NEED OF ANOTHER WATER MACHINE. MY TIGER SHARK IS STILL WORKING AFTER 18 YEARS,ONLY HAVE HAD TO REPLACE THE COIL TWICE BUT IT HAS NEVER LEAKED. BUT OF COARSE TESERO IS OUT OF BUSINESS, AN AS OLD AS MY MACHINE IS IM THANKING I SHOULD GET ANOTHE WATER MACHINE. iVE BEEN TOLD NOT TO GET A DETECTOR WITH A BUILT IN SPEAKER AN METER IF IM GOING TO DO A LOT OF WATER HUNTING WITH IT. WHAT DO YOU ALL THANK?

The AT Pro h been a great all around detector for me. As for water hunting, fresh water excellent, salt water not very. Every company gets a leaky unit now and then. Rather out of the box or used. The big plus is the AT Pro is made and backed by Garrett. They have got to have one of the best service centers. For price and turn around.

The ATP is a great fresh water machine. I had one for 11 yrs and hunted a river and a fresh water every year with it and never had a leak until I dropped it on the pavement and took a chunk out of the face plate. I hosed it down with flex seal but after about a half hour of it being submerged it drown. Thought about having it repaired but it would probably require a complete rebuild and it would be cheaper to buy a good used one.