Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learn from my dilemma.. replace your 1/4" to 1/8" headphone adapter!

hotrod53

While detecting last weekend my headphone plug came out of the jack with a few extras pieces! At that point I couldn't use the speaker or the headphones, the adapter was broken off and stuck in the hole. The adapter that plugs into the detector that accepts the smaller headphone jack self destructed while plugged in the socket.

I strongly suggest that you replace that little adapter every once in a while. If this does happen to you, you will need to disassemble the control box, jam 3 wooded stick-ed Q tips in the metal fingers that locks in the connector, then stick a dental tool in there and push out the broken pieces.

I thought that I would have to send my detector back right at the beginning of the upcoming detecting season... whew, dodged a bullet! I know that many of you guys use headphones with 1/4" plugs already. Personally I like the light weight version, especially in the hot summer.

Before and after below:

I'm glad you was able to fix it, I only use 1/4" jacks

and what's this " upcoming detecting season " ???? it's been metal detecting season since the frost went out of the ground back in March, lol.

Nice... our PA detecting starts when the frost hits and kills the weeds and the snakes are gone, up until the ground is too frozen to detect. Usually towards the end of "the season" means wearing hunter orange as not to get shot...LOL. Anything on either side of that is a bonus that usually includes rock hard ground, rain, or too many people around.