Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learned a valuable lesson today

Lightstryder

I took my Tiger Shark out to the beach today hoping to find gold. There was quite a bit of trash left by others the night before and it normally frustrates me to see that people just don't care enough to clean up after themselves. But... You can't change others, only yourself. So I committed to running in all metal and dig everything no matter what it was. As I started to hunt I decided I would clean up the trash as I went. At first I thought to myself maybe by picking up all this trash will bring me good luck. Well I didn't find gold, but I found that I had a great time, I got out on a beautiful day, breathed the fresh air, and got to do what I love. Also it doesn't matter if I find gold or not, I am there to have fun. I cleaned a beach that has given me many great finds over the years, and I now realize while I sit here reflecting on it, I don't have to see picking up others trash as a negative thing and just be thankful that I am there and able to pick up that trash.

thats just good karma there lightstryder and a great attitude.

Good deed! You should see the river by me where I hunt with my Tiger. It is pig sty and is where all the tubers put in and take out. They are absolute slobs and litterbugs. I have learned to hate tubers after seeing the mess they leave the river.

Good aditude, I know i have only found one gold ring in my 7 years searching , I have also learned to just enjoy the time out , and i pick up the trash as well , It also disturbs me when i see the trash just left in the parks , and I wonder what the houses they live in look like or weather you can see the floor in the cars they drive, do they brush their teeth, I would not want to marry a woman who littered like that , would she even flush the toilet , I see it as a sighn of the decay of wester society, my grandma would never litter like that , always had things neat and clean and in order . well soon the rats will multiply and spread the bubonic plage, and then we will have problems

kaolinwasher said:
Good aditude, I know i have only found one gold ring in my 7 years searching , I have also learned to just enjoy the time out , and i pick up the trash as well , It also disturbs me when i see the trash just left in the parks , and I wonder what the houses they live in look like or weather you can see the floor in the cars they drive, do they brush their teeth, I would not want to marry a woman who littered like that , would she even flush the toilet , I see it as a sighn of the decay of wester society, my grandma would never litter like that , always had things neat and clean and in order . well soon the rats will multiply and spread the bubonic plage, and then we will have problems

Ain't that the truth! When I was a little kid my parents and teachers preached all the time about not littering. When I see trash laying all over the place at these parks and sports fields with trash cans near by, it just infuriates me. Things sure have changed for the worse.

tabman

Or we can choose to look at it as an opportunity to show others that we are taking the initiative to help clean up these places and by doing so we are shedding a positive light on this hobby of outs in the eyes of those who are trying to take our hobby away from us.

I also dislike intensely the people who leave their trash and garbage all over the place; I take the attitude, as I clean parks and recreation areas when detecting, that I am giving a bit back to Mother Earth, who is so good (sometimes) in Her offerings to me.

lightstyder,its all about having fun and getting outside for a while the next time you want have as much junk to deal with. I always pick up as much as can .I have friend that hunts lakes around here with me he is bad about dumping out hands full of bobby-pins out knowing that I will come behind him and pick them up. It makes him mad since his xcal will not find a gold chain as thin as my Tesoro he thinks I will just dic them out .But I get the last laugh when I pull up a thin gold chain,
karma is fun :rofl:

Lightstryder, you did a good deed and hopefully you will be rewarded for it. I find it amazing that some people just don't seem to care about the environment. For those of you who remember the TV comercials from long ago with the native american standing by the highway as someone driving by threw out a bag of trash. One single tear would roll down his cheek. I feel that way sometimes when I go to the local river to fish and see trash all over the place. What really gets my "goat" is the fact that there is usually a trash can a few feet away. Makes a person wonder..............Good luck, hope you find the gold real soon.

Jeff

Todd......That was a great post...I have to get in that frame of mind when I see trash left by others... instead of getting upset. Because when it comes down to it...I should just be thankful that I can do what I love....which is detecting....