Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learned something about my local lake today

ShadyMechanic

Went to a campground with a lake that's close by with the intentions of cleaning out the sand beach. The lake is man-made with an establishment date in the 1930s. I have visited the lake every summer for over 30 years and have witnessed gold wedding bands being lost in the lake 2 different times. I have only seen someone detecting once ever. I will be taking my ctx3030 into the water when the weather warms up with hopes of hitting seldomly covered ground. Today i learned that the beach apparently gets pounded by somebody. A very very thorough search today delivered a modern nickel, three pennies, a pull tab, and lead split shot sinker. Virtually no trash targets, someone had to be there before me. I finished the beach and had very little time before needing to leave so i decided to hunt the grassy areas around the base of the bigger trees and FINALLY i found the targets. In a matter of minutes I pulled a $1.83 and an angel wing from a pendant or lapel pin. With no time to identify every find before leaving; it wasn't until i got home and cleaned off my finds that i saw

Two nice older coins there Shadymech......thanks for the pics.

Hey thanks. I'm new to the hobby and heavily addicted. I'm dying for that big find. So far this year its a Sharpe's .58 caliber minie ball.

Ya every one goes right to the beach, and haveoverlooked the spots you checked , good staratagy.