Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

learning a trick with the gamma 6000

amcjavelin

well I had to remove a tree today stump and all and after I got it out of the way the wife said I ought to try detecting around the hole to see if anything could be there so anyway I get this 56 to 62 hit and anyways idig a hole maybe 3" deep and well I'm looking and of course I didn't have my pinpointer on me so ran to my truck got that and still had a hard time finding it so before all of that I buried the hole and the signal came back I picked around and around dug hole again and after 3 times of doing this discovered the target is very tiny and come to find it it was a door hinge pin from a matchbox car it just baffled me after chasing and digging holes for a half hour so anyway if you lose you target in the hole check torwards the top of the plug chances are its very small took the pinpointer a minute or to find so recheck your plug towards the surface

Ok, I guess I don't get it. What does this have to do with a gamma.

the point is that if you remove your plug ....you sweep over the hole no signal then you sweep the plug flipped over no target then sweep over from the grass side and pick it up again its a surface find but very small .........sorry if that wasn't clear

heh had the same thing happen to me once with my Cibola, target was a very small piece of a dark colored chain the only way I found it was using the pinpointer.