Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learning Curve on a F75

Guess better ask how hard is it to learn how to use the F75?

Thank You

The F75 is not all that hard to learn how to use, but I think you will always find little things to improve on things.

Of course read the manual, get the detector put together and find 4 good AA batteries and install them. Then you should be able to go back through the manual and do a little playing with the controls and put some coins and trash in front of the coil just to see how it acts.

Now just a word of caution when going through the manual make a note of how to do a factory reset, that will be your best friend. The other thing is to not mess with notches until you get the basics down. Notches are a little tricky to get them all cleared out, but if you must mess with them call on your best friend and do a factory reset. I do a factory reset just about every time I get ready to start a hunt.

Then next just learn how to do a ground balance.

The settings you get with a factory reset and ground balance your machine will be running pretty hot and you should be able to hunt way and find stuff if it is down there.

Good luck,

Ron in WV

It gets great results right out of the box.. Set sense set disc and hunt. Play with tones etc a little later after hearing all the sounds..

I agree with all the statements above, but I'll add one small thing. Some will say you have to run sensitivity at high levels to get the best depth, but the statement is not true. If it is noisy, turn it down.
I can honestly say I've found more silver with the F75 than all prior machines.

markg said:
I'll add one small thing. Some will say you have to run sensitivity at high levels to get the best depth, but the statement is not true. If it is noisy, turn it down.

+1 :thumbup:

It runs very well and deep with the sensitivity turned way down. Turning it down does not lose much depth. You will find more with sensitivity turned down so that it's not noisy, and run the ground balance about three numbers positive to cut chatter from tiny pieces of iron.

n/t

I would also add, it's ergonomics weight/balance/controls are as user friendly as you will find.

On/off/volume switch located at the battery box by the armcuff. That location of the batteries serves as a counter balance to the up front coil weight, making swinging the thing nearly effortless. The battery box is also the location of the earphone jack, which keeps the earphone cord out of the way. It's a good location for a wireless transmitter, when using wireless headphones.

Just three user controls for detecting functions, 1 knob, 1 button, trigger switch, that's it. Some folks don't pay much attention to those things when shopping for a detector, but, when you spend many consecutive hours detecting, you come to appreciate those things.
Comfort of use translates into less fatigue!

Like my F70 factory settings can find the bulk of the things we look for fairly easily...the engineers knew what they were doing when they programmed these th I vs.
Some language to learn but not all that hard, learn to tweak the settings and use some of the other great features and even in the most difficult sites you should be able to conquer them.

mikey48 said:
markg said:
I'll add one small thing. Some will say you have to run sensitivity at high levels to get the best depth, but the statement is not true. If it is noisy, turn it down.

+1 :thumbup:

It runs very well and deep with the sensitivity turned way down. Turning it down does not lose much depth. You will find more with sensitivity turned down so that it's not noisy, and run the ground balance about three numbers positive to cut chatter from tiny pieces of iron.
+2 on my F70 I've found pennies at 7" with the sense at 40 with a clear strong signal.

All of the above plus the F75 audio response is separate from the VDI display. It's like having two detectors at once. A good set of metal detecting headphones will make a difference.