Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learning curve?

Back to the original question……. I came from an F75 which is super easy to navigate. Legend was a learning curve and still learning. I just dug a Seated Liberty dime running 4khz at between 10-11” with 11” coil. The stars aligned so feel extremely lucky to have found. I’m told ML guys take to the learning pretty quick, will find out as buddy who runs CTX3030 and eTrac just ordered Legend to keep up with me…….

Back to the original question……. I came from an F75 which is super easy to navigate. Legend was a learning curve and still learning. I just dug a Seated Liberty dime running 4khz at between 10-11” with 11” coil. The stars aligned so feel extremely lucky to have found. I’m told ML guys take to the learning pretty quick, will find out as buddy who runs CTX3030 and eTrac just ordered Legend to keep up with me…….
I hope so.
I learned the ins and outs of the Vanquish pretty quick. I've even gotten pretty good at deciphering what she's telling me via tones and numbers.

If it was waterproof, I probably wouldn't be so eager to upgrade..
And though she doesn't feel overly tough or rugged, she has endured a tremendous amount of abuse.

I've heard real good stuff as far as the Legend being a much tougher (better constructed) machine over ML.
I'm pretty tough on everything I own lol.

As soon as I can lock down the cheapest place for the bundle, I'M ORDERING!

Was always curious about that F75
How is it compared to the Legend?
Weight, performance, features, etc
F75 is bare bones compared to the legend but nothing swings easier than the 75 , it's effortless.
Legend build quality is better , I was always afraid the control box would twist off the 75 just pushing the buttons.
Rule #1 for running the F75 was to turn the sensitivity down or it was too sparky to run. Very EMI sensitive.

I agree with sprchng. I moved up from an F5 and started finding more treasure than trash dud to modes being predone. You either have Discrim side with simple entef snd ho or All Metal side where you are more in control. If I had both detectors on site at a brand new location I would most likely run the 75 first and if plenty of good targets then run the Legend the second time over.

I agree with sprchng. I moved up from an F5 and started finding more treasure than trash dud to modes being predone. You either have Discrim side with simple entef snd ho or All Metal side where you are more in control. If I had both detectors on site at a brand new location I would most likely run the 75 first and if plenty of good targets then run the Legend the second time over.
Not a bad way to go about it; however it seems like a waste of time, especially for me since I have a very limited time to hunt.

I know many do but I’m just not into using multiple detectors at a site.
I live 10 minutes from nearest beach
So if i go to beach i would have grabbed my excalliber, the park my teaoro, field sovereign. I was always site specific to a detector rather than multiple detectors at a site.
Now just one light detector that replaced all three with the Legend especially with it being waterproof. Frequencies depending where i hunt as well. To me its multiple detectors in one. No Im not a company spokesman talking about it just how i feel.😄

I guess I should read before posting and spell check, geez.
What I was trying to say…….
I would maybe hunt an area one day with the F75 and if it turns out to be a good site then come back for a second day with the Legend.

Never saw anyone so against ML detectors..... any detector used right will find coins....come back an hour later and they won't find anything..... all are designed to find metal
and are called Metal Detectors.
Interference is the main reason......remember the old CB radios would transmit/receive 30 miles...... then solar flares on the sun took them down.
Maybe check your horoscope..... today might just be your day to find treasures.
Nothing is guaranteed to produce ..... It is what fits you and your detecting style..... believe me , an old radio shack detector can smoke your 6000 dollar detector if they decide to dig what you sometimes pass over as junk.

Never saw anyone so against ML detectors..... any detector used right will find coins....come back an hour later and they won't find anything..... all are designed to find metal
and are called Metal Detectors.
Interference is the main reason......remember the old CB radios would transmit/receive 30 miles...... then solar flares on the sun took them down.
Maybe check your horoscope..... today might just be your day to find treasures.
Nothing is guaranteed to produce ..... It is what fits you and your detecting style..... believe me , an old radio shack detector can smoke your 6000 dollar detector if they decide to dig what you sometimes pass over as junk.
Thats what ive been saying as I don’t even use the screen or numbers just old fashioned if it beeps there is metal and dig.
Every detector will find metal but every detector is not 100% accurate identifying targets so in order to find as much jewelry, etc you have to dig everything. I also understand its not everybody’s cup of tea and a lot of people enjoy hunting by numbers and figuring what the target is and weather to dig or not.
I don’t criticize anyones hunting style weather its digging by numbers or using multiple detectors at one site. I just explain what i do different and my style and preferences. Not saying anyones style or brand of detector is sub par as everyone has different needs and preferences, if anything my style is very basic and bland as i just do it to clear my mind, relax and enjoy myself. Of course you want something reliable and makes it easier but I could actually get away with just using a $50 harbor freight, bounty hunter detector. i do enjoy certain features not found in some. Kind of like having a BMW to just run to the grocery store at 35 mph.
But the comfort features and having the ability to get on the highway and open it up when you want is nice.
As I understand it this is mainly a hobby to have fun not a competition or business to make money.
Everyone’s idea of having fun is different and everyone is entitled to what they prefer.
Really unless someone is paying you and you are within the law there is no right or wrong way to do a hobby the way you see fit to enjoy it and that includes the tools in which you use. If someone only wants to run sensitivity on 2 and only pick up metal on the surface and not dig at all then thats your prerogative. There is nothing in the rules that says you even have to dig.

Im not against ML detectors in any shape of form, plus I’ve said before I’ve missed targets with both my Fishers. Just saying the Legend has been turning out silver pretty rapidly from an area, quite honestly, has been over hunted something fierce. Could another detector of some other make or model do the same thing? I have no idea. I only stated what observed experience I was part of.

I bet if the ML Knox800 only cost $600 you wouldn’t hear so much negative about ML.
I don’t ever hear anything bad about the vanquish at $300
The more something costs the more people complain.
You ever hear anyone complain about the free coffee and donuts ☕🍩

I bet if the ML Knox800 only cost $600 you wouldn’t hear so much negative about ML.
I don’t ever hear anything bad about the vanquish at $300
The more something costs the more people complain.
You ever hear anyone complain about the free coffee and donuts ☕🍩
The 800 Nox is a very good detector. I have both the 800 and the Legend. Right now I prefer the Legend because it has better balance and I like the sounds better.

The 800 Nox is a very good detector. I have both the 800 and the Legend. Right now I prefer the Legend because it has better balance and I like the sounds better.
I used to have a collection of detectors and tools lol but now i only keep what i use. Amazing what one can accumulate thru the years, all the stuff you say i will probably use that one day only to finally go in the garbage. Especially with electronics. Anyone need a b&w tube tv i can part with it for $200 😄

I beach hunt every day I can. I been a Minelab guy with Etrac, Excalibur, ctx3030 and the equinox and done quite well. My equinox was just not physically as good of machine. Easy to use and electronically great but coil ears, arm cuff failure done me in. I bought the Legend a week ago have mastered the menus and they have fixed all the physical problems the Nox has. Follow the manual and learn it, it is similar to a ctx3030 menus. I have switched and finding coins now at end of season. I dug everything with the Nox and figure it the same with the Legend. Pinpoint is great, I am impressed so far. Be sure and get the V1.09 update, it is important, it gives better control of the threshold.

I beach hunt every day I can. I been a Minelab guy with Etrac, Excalibur, ctx3030 and the equinox and done quite well. My equinox was just not physically as good of machine. Easy to use and electronically great but coil ears, arm cuff failure done me in. I bought the Legend a week ago have mastered the menus and they have fixed all the physical problems the Nox has. Follow the manual and learn it, it is similar to a ctx3030 menus. I have switched and finding coins now at end of season. I dug everything with the Nox and figure it the same with the Legend. Pinpoint is great, I am impressed so far. Be sure and get the V1.09 update, it is important, it gives better control of the threshold.
For beach hunting exclusively the excalliber II is a great detector.
The legend though is lighter and more versatile. Maybe not exactly on par with the excal, but for 1/3 the price will probably get most of what the excal would get.
Nice thing about legend lighter and you can go right to the park or field and hunt with it instead of having to bring two detectors.