Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learning curve

As someone who owned a White's V3i, I was wondering how hard it is to learn the new Deus 2, if the learning curve was similar to the V3i?
I owned the v3i a little over a year before it was stolen, but in that years time I learned how to use it. My biggest problem was I couldn't leave settings alone, after I figured that out I did pretty good using the stock programs with a few tweaks.
Is the Deus is the same way?

I went from a White's DFX to a Deus I and found the Deus to be MUCH more intuitive. For me the learning curve was easy. The D2 has excellent stock programs for just about all hunting conditions. I love to play with program settings but with the D2, I just mostly tweak the Reactivity speed to suit my site conditions.

I went from a White's DFX to a Deus I and found the Deus to be MUCH more intuitive. For me the learning curve was easy. The D2 has excellent stock programs for just about all hunting conditions. I love to play with program settings but with the D2, I just mostly tweak the Reactivity speed to suit my site conditions.
Totally agreed, the D2 seems to me to be intuitive and compared to a V3i?….there won’t be any problems. Reactivity, also known as recovery, along with Sensitivity and coil size will generally dictate your depth. Yes, there are exceptions to this rule but in GENERAL that’s the deal. I have found the D2 to be nothing short of SPECTACULAR in my absolutely wiped out toughest sites, and I think that’s where people are going to do well with it compared to their previously used machines. Google “Silver Slayer” program, it’s incredible.

Never used the V3i but read quite a bit about it. The Deus will probably be a piece of cake for you. Learning the language it speaks will take the longest, I suspect. Lots of auditory information, and lots of ways to customize it to your liking. Man, it is a fun detector!

Still have my V3i and find the D2 way easier to access the menu options.
I like the silver slayer program but mostly use the tweaked general program that I got off the Mental Metal site.
I use 5 tones 0 discrimination.
I like hearing everything. Awesome machine!