Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learning my new Tej

Nice going. The Tejon sure will find those tiny pieces of foil. That's why I run the discrimination on mine at the point where Gatorade sports drink foil caps just discriminate out. I discovered at that setting that I won't miss out on all but the very tiniest gold rings and some small gold chains. The more you use the Tejon the more you will realize how well it works. It kinda grows on you.:)

tabman

Thank you guys for the encouraging words. Tabman I am liking it more each time I take it out. I am setting the disc just high enough to knock out iron because I do want to find the small gold items, rings and chains. So I dig foil. But... I am learning the sound of foil. It seems most of the time to be very short and sharp and gold rings are full and sharp for a lack of a better way to describe it.

I went back out to the beach last night after dark and hunted like I normally do without lights. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about what the meter or screen is trying to tell me.

pretty sure that tejan will find small gold chains and earrings the foil is the junk tax you have to pay to find them , if its their you will find it

Lightstryder said:
Thank you guys for the encouraging words. Tabman I am liking it more each time I take it out. I am setting the disc just high enough to knock out iron because I do want to find the small gold items, rings and chains. So I dig foil. But... I am learning the sound of foil. It seems most of the time to be very short and sharp and gold rings are full and sharp for a lack of a better way to describe it.

I went back out to the beach last night after dark and hunted like I normally do without lights. I love the fact that I don't have to worry about what the meter or screen is trying to tell me.

You will find that the signals from gold and coins will be a good clean want to dig response, where as foil, rusty bottle caps and the like will not be as an encouraging response. So, you'll never not dig junk when your looking for gold, but in time you will dig much less of it.

Mark

Thanks Mark, I don't mind digging everything at the beach. Besides, with my other machines in the past, I have almost missed good targets because they gave junk signals or readings. They were too deep for the discriminator to work properly and if I hadn't decided to just dig it all, I would have missed them. I didn't plan on the Tejon being a beach machine, but in the dry sand it does very well.

Todd...

Your doing great so far...my Tejon gets to me tomorrow. ..we will me up so we can compare notes...I have the 5.75 wide scan coming with it also....can't wait !!

Darryl

Keep at it and gold will come.

I am ordering my Tejon tomorrow.