Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Learning the VX3

Hi All,

I just upgraded from an XLT to a VX3 and have been running into some difficulties getting in tune with the machine. I think part of it is that I'm expecting it to behave like the XLT and just haven't had enough hours with the detector, but I sure could use some tips. Anything that helped you at the beginning, really.

I think part of the issue is that I've really only taken it out in very trashy areas, whereas when I was learning the XLT I spent most of my time in soccer fields and other landscaped parks. I'm thinking I may go back to the fields to learn the machine in a more stable environment. Does that make sense or am I way off base here?

Really, any advice you have about the machine or about the transition from a single frequency detector (xlt) to the vx3 would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Keep the gain turned down the first couple of days and learn what a stable machine sounds like. A gain of 4-5 will find a silver dime at 6" without a problem. The cleaner ground you can start with the better. It takes a little time to understand what the detector is telling you but if you go slow it wont be that difficult.

Swing slow and if your detector keeps giving you signals without moving the coil turn the gain down.

burlbark said:
Keep the gain turned down the first couple of days and learn what a stable machine sounds like. A gain of 4-5 will find a silver dime at 6" without a problem. The cleaner ground you can start with the better. It takes a little time to understand what the detector is telling you but if you go slow it wont be that difficult.

Swing slow and if your detector keeps giving you signals without moving the coil turn the gain down.

Thanks Burlbark! I tested it out in a park and had better results after adjusting the sensitivity and the recovery delay a bit from the stock CJ settings.