Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Leaving the XP Deus family, but may be back in the future

E-TREC-Virginia

Well, I decided to trade my XP Deus in on a new Minelab Excal II with the 10" coil and some other goodies. When I bought the XP Deus, I was torn between it and a water machine. I have been using my E-Trac for the beach, but I want to start doing some heavy duty river and lake hunting and for that you really need a water machine. My decision to trade the XP was not associated with it's performance as it is a very nice machine and I may come back to it in the future. I just will get more use out of the Excal and it will open up a whole new world of detecting for me. I wish all of you Deus users continued success and thank everyone for the great posts and tips. Off to the Beach and Water Forum.

Well my not having received my new Deus and searching the web for ideas on how to set up the machine,
your posts have helped me a lot. Can't wait to test it out.
Sorry to hear you are letting your Deus go.
Good luck in your new adventure and let us know how it's going with pics of your finds..

HH

Wow - I would have thought a better deal would be to get rid of the E-Trac and get the CTX - 2 detectors in one. The Excal altho a good solid detector is 10 year old+ technology...

barryny said:
Wow - I would have thought a better deal would be to get rid of the E-Trac and get the CTX - 2 detectors in one. The Excal altho a good solid detector is 10 year old+ technology...

I haven't used the ctx but if it performs like an etrac (which I bet it does in terms of depth and sens. to gold) in wet salt sand, an excal would be my choice for serious water hunting, all day, every day.

barryny said:

Believe me Barry, I will be getting a CTX, but it will be in year 2 of production. I have two rules, never buy a new model car or metal detector in year 1 of production. I'll wait until all of the kinks to be worked out first.

The CTX is only waterproof down to 10" and the Excal is waterproof down to 200". Needed the extra depth for my future diving plans. Will be taking a certified divers course this year and will be joining my brother for some dives in the Myrtle Beach SC. I will never get rid of my E-Trac, it's just to good a machine. It may become a backup to the CTX once that happens. The BBS technology may be 10 years old, but it works and works well. There are many people that feel that the Excal is the best overall water machine on the market. Fisher CZ-21 is an excellent machine as well.