Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

leeky batteries

john sullivan

dowh here jn florida, vacationm brand new sand shark new duracell aa batteriesm two days of hunting batteries leeked ruined my sand shark, what a bummer

That does suck, if you're still here and in the Tampa/St.Pete area, I've got a Duel Field you could use.

Good thing you weren't using lithium batteries. I guess you have a lifetime warranty on the sandshark? I'm in Florida too and the heat and the detector going from a A/C in a car into hot air than water I just don't think the gaskets react quick enough to provide a tight seal. I trust my excals but I keep an eye on the gaskets.

ROBOCOP

ROBOCOP said:
Good thing you weren't using lithium batteries. I guess you have a lifetime warranty on the sandshark? I'm in Florida too and the heat and the detector going from a A/C in a car into hot air than water I just don't think the gaskets react quick enough to provide a tight seal. I trust my excals but I keep an eye on the gaskets.

ROBOCOP[/quote

Unfortunately, I don't believe damage caused by defective batteries would be covered under warranty. It's not a defect of the detector itself, so it'll probably be on John's dime.

Contact Duracell...they will likely reimburse you some amount for the damaged pod. I know Energizer will.

Bummer for sure. Didn't new AA batteries work?

I used to prefer Duracell batteries but I've experienced that the AA and AAA batteries start to leak after a while, regardless of heat change or moist.
I'm gonna check my Tiger Shark right away. Hope your Sand Shark can be fixed.

Regards Kossie.

Sorry to hear of the leak.
Might I suggest switching to rechargeable Eneloops for future machines. No worry of leaks + they hold a charge well in storage.