Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend 1.09 Update unable to get this update

choppadude

Bought a new Legend in March and have been unsuccessful attempting to update it from 1.04 to 1.09. Im not computer stupid but am also no really tech savy. I keep getting a message that I need to put both items in the same folder which i did do to no avail. I tried contacting the repair center to see if I could send my unit to them and have them update it but they say they need to get approval from Nokta Makro to do this under warranty. I contacted Nokta Makro with all information they requested and nothing to be heard from them in over a week.
I have several Makro Nokta units and was a field tester for the Multi Kruzer model, I have always had good experiences with this company but this is getting a bit ridiculous. I have watched all the videos and read all the threads concerning the update and nothing seems to work. Doing an update to a metal detector should not require a PHD in computer science. May be time to offload this and buy one of the new units Minelab is putting out.

I can sympathize with you as I had trouble getting to V1.07. I ended up taking my Legend to a local computer repair shop and the nice young man got it updated for me. My children live out of town & I didn't want to wait on one of them!

Bought a new Legend in March and have been unsuccessful attempting to update it from 1.04 to 1.09. Im not computer stupid but am also no really tech savy. I keep getting a message that I need to put both items in the same folder which i did do to no avail. I tried contacting the repair center to see if I could send my unit to them and have them update it but they say they need to get approval from Nokta Makro to do this under warranty. I contacted Nokta Makro with all information they requested and nothing to be heard from them in over a week.
I have several Makro Nokta units and was a field tester for the Multi Kruzer model, I have always had good experiences with this company but this is getting a bit ridiculous. I have watched all the videos and read all the threads concerning the update and nothing seems to work. Doing an update to a metal detector should not require a PHD in computer science. May be time to offload this and buy one of the new units Minelab is putting out.
What are you trying to do the update on windows 10 or 11 or a mac
Call Andy at We dig or if you use Facebook I can put you in contact with someone that will have you updated in minutes

I tried to update mine a couple months ago. It was a pita and I couldn't get it done. A couple days ago I tried again and they updated to update tool and it only took a couple minutes and that was with a Mac too.

What are you trying to do the update on windows 10 or 11 or a mac
Call Andy at We dig or if you use Facebook I can put you in contact with someone that will have you updated in minutes
Andy is the person I already spoke to about doing the update but he has to wait to hear from Nokta Makro and they are not responding

Andy is the person I already spoke to about doing the update but he has to wait to hear from Nokta Makro and they are not responding
I can give you the name of a person on Facebook that will help you and he will have you updated in 10 minutes, you will have to contact him on Facebook though

I had the same exact message pop up during one of the updates. I believe it was going from 1.05 to 1.07. I’m trying to recall exactly what I did. I want to say that at first, I tried to copy and paste it into the same folder and that did not work Again I’m just trying to recall how I did it. I want to say I went back and opened it or saved it into the different file and then it worked. Try saving the update into the other file and then opened it up from that file and that should work as I recall that’s the way I did it when I ran into the same exact issue.

I had the same exact message pop up during one of the updates. I believe it was going from 1.05 to 1.07. I’m trying to recall exactly what I did. I want to say that at first, I tried to copy and paste it into the same folder and that did not work Again I’m just trying to recall how I did it. I want to say I went back and opened it or saved it into the different file and then it worked. Try saving the update into the other file and then opened it up from that file and that should work as I recall that’s the way I did it when I ran into the same exact issue

It was definitely frustrating, but don’t give up because it will definitely work. If I can think of more detail exactly how it went I will let you know, but to the best of my recollection was I believe I had saved it in to the two different files, and they just opened it up and the other file and then it finally worked.

Maybe this info will help.
Updating to V1.09 (or other upgrades) for The Legend

This series of steps worked for me when other did not. Try it if nothing else works!

1) Go to Nokia Website
2) Click on "Metal Detectors", and select "Coin and Relic," and then "The Legend"
3) Scroll Down to, and Click "Software Update" in the Left Column
4) Scroll to " Download: The Legend Update Tool (Windows) Includes System Software V1.09 - V1.07 - V1.05". and click once to Download to your Computer
5) Monitor the Download on the Lower Left of your screen...
6) When the Download is complete, Click : "Show in Folder"
7) Right Click on the highlighted file you downloaded, and click "Unzip All"
😎 You should have a File Called "the_legend_update_tool_v1_6_win"* containing 2 Unzipped Files. One will be"CP210_Windows_ Drivers," and "The_Legend_Update_Tool"
*Other files may have different names, of course.
9) Double Click on the "CP210_Windows_ Drivers" File and when it expands, double click on the "X64" and follow the instructions to load the drivers on your computer*
*Once you've downloaded and installed the drivers, you won't have to install those again.
10) Double Click on the file: "The_Legend_Update_Tool" (or the upgrade you wish) and click "Run" and follow the instructions precisely, plugging the Legend into your USB Port when asked .
Note for Update, after completing the above, do a Factory Reset (Step 8 under V1.09 Features shown below the new features of your download).

When you do Step 10 (above) a Step-by-Step tutorial video will open that will lead you through the complete process precisely,

My Mac wouldn't recognize the Legend until I shut it off and started it up again. It was something about the USB ports.

It took me about an hour the other night to do the update. Im no computer tech so I had to figure out how to temporarily shut down the firewall and other virus protections on my computer. At some point I also tried switching USB ports. I also then connected the coil. Then like magic the update went thru. I doubt the connecting of the coil had anything to do with my success but who knows.

Just wanted to update this post. I have spoken to Dilek and Andy and they have been very helpful. My unit has been sent back to Andy to see if he can update it without issues.
One thing I was unable to eliminate as a problem is my update cable, someone suggested I use a different cable and I never even thought about that.
Regardless, it is in good hands with Andy and I look forward to receiving it back with the 1.09 update.