Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend 60 tones-tone break

tometusns

Recently there have been some utube videos claiming that 60 tones wasn’t working properly using the tone break setting. Let’s take a look before we start jumping to conclusions.
First when you raise the tone break you’re condensing all the tones into the higher tone area. So when you raise the tone break the tones get higher and when when you lower the tone break they go back down. Now let’s swing the coil over a target while doing this and you get the so called air plane ride. In other words the machine is operating exactly as it’s supposed to. If you’re still not sure replicate this test with your Equinox in fifty tones. It does exactly the same thing but the Equinox doesn’t have as large a range of tones as the Legend so the effect is not as extreme but still the same result.
What really is disturbing to me is you have guys that are supposed to be experts putting out these videos telling us what is and what isn’t and they don’t even understand how the machine works. Honestly it wasn’t hard to figure out if you wanted to.
End result, the tone breaks on the Legend and the Equinox are operating properly!! Good luck and HH!! Tom

Recently there have been some utube videos claiming that 60 tones wasn’t working properly using the tone break setting. Let’s take a look before we start jumping to conclusions.
First when you raise the tone break you’re condensing all the tones into the higher tone area. So when you raise the tone break the tones get higher and when when you lower the tone break they go back down. Now let’s swing the coil over a target while doing this and you get the so called air plane ride. In other words the machine is operating exactly as it’s supposed to. If you’re still not sure replicate this test with your Equinox in fifty tones. It does exactly the same thing but the Equinox doesn’t have as large a range of tones as the Legend so the effect is not as extreme but still the same result.
What really is disturbing to me is you have guys that are supposed to be experts putting out these videos telling us what is and what isn’t and they don’t even understand how the machine works. Honestly it wasn’t hard to figure out if you wanted to.
End result, the tone breaks on the Legend and the Equinox are operating properly!! Good luck and HH!! Tom
Thank You
Definitely an interesting post and point.

Thank You
Definitely an interesting post and point.
I may not have explained it exactly right but I hope I was able to explain it well enough. I’m going to attempt to make a video and post it on utube. I really didn’t want to get involved but when people don’t understand why machines do certain things and others start sharing that information I felt compelled to try and explain why and that there’s really nothing wrong except them just not understanding what they’re doing.

I think the last half of your last sentence is applicable to 99% of humankind. Rather than try and learn or figure out the why then lets just blame the science and walk away. Well put!!

so true i have around 200 hours using 60 tone i dig hardly if any trash , read the ground better and more info on all targets,

I may not have explained it exactly right but I hope I was able to explain it well enough. I’m going to attempt to make a video and post it on utube. I really didn’t want to get involved but when people don’t understand why machines do certain things and others start sharing that information I felt compelled to try and explain why and that there’s really nothing wrong except them just not understanding what they’re doing.
yes it does seem ,and i know the testers you are refering too. I did mention to them that just because one man can not hit a target doesnt mean that there is something wrong with the detector, but they seem to always conclude that what they are saying is fact

There was one test where the tester couldnt get the legend to hit gold coin raised nail he said there was something wrong with the legend, i got the legend to hit same test. The tester then was struggling to the point he was knocking tone break back to 6 !!!! After i saw that he was struggling i sent him my settings. He was actually using m1 also tring to hit mid low conductor from iron, which made me question his professional metal detecting self acclaimed status.

There was one test where the tester couldnt get the legend to hit gold coin raised nail he said there was something wrong with the legend, i got the legend to hit same test. The tester then was struggling to the point he was knocking tone break back to 6 !!!! After i saw that he was struggling i sent him my settings. He was actually using m1 also tring to hit mid low conductor from iron, which made me question his professional metal detecting self acclaimed status.
Obviously not having a clue how to use it.
Or intentionally setting it off proper settingd to fail.
I believe many testers do that.
Probably would have done better just turning it and running in factory mode settings.

Perhaps showing some settings and explaining how one has derived at these settings would help others understand what’s going on with this detector and it’s capabilities…..It would help everyone reading these threads…An example was showing how running in 4 mhz allowed good targets to shine thru aluminum….ok, so it hurts small gold, but in an old park that has old silver mixed with recent foil trash, this is the ticket…..We’re all in this together !