Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend Iron Filter Question

Joshc

I just recently bought a Legend and have been trying out the different settings. I was testing the iron filter with a penny and nails. I absolutely cannot tell a difference with the iron filter set at 9 or at 0. Should I be seeing an obvious difference?? I'm new to having a detector with this option so I feel rather clueless but from watching videos it seems like I should be seeing a difference... Thoughts??

I think thats more for iron soils. I’ve seen similar videos and I couldnt really tell a difference either but when in iron soil and putting a good target in the ground it seems easier to hear/find the good target. Just my experience.

I just recently bought a Legend and have been trying out the different settings. I was testing the iron filter with a penny and nails. I absolutely cannot tell a difference with the iron filter set at 9 or at 0. Should I be seeing an obvious difference?? I'm new to having a detector with this option so I feel rather clueless but from watching videos it seems like I should be seeing a difference... Thoughts??
It will all depend on the size of iron and the non ferrous target if you got a small nail and large coin you will not see as much difference if you have one set up opposite way round if you get me. I have around 100 videos using and showing the performance on the legend on my channel . Hope they help
Iron Filter And Stability - EXPLAINED!!! Nokta Legend

The Iron Filter & Stability setting on the Legend is to limit false high tones from iron trash, not iron ground minerals. It is an Algorithm based off the processed Multi frequency signal. It adjusts the audio point between the Iron tone & the Non Ferrous tone. A high setting will only lose a good Non Ferrous target if it is severely compromised by iron trash. The ideal is to set the IF/Stability as low as practical for your ears & site conditions. Some people can/will work thru falsing iron more than others. You set the control to suit you.
I have some sites, that at first hunt seems like "high iron minerals" but it is really a saturation of very decomposed man made iron bits. If you can rub a magnet in the loose soil & it comes out fuzzy, that's metallic man made iron. The Iron Filter setting will help with this scenario. If it is Iron Minerals, they won't stick to the magnet other than little "hot rocks". A precise Ground Balance & lower Sensitivity & lower frequency choice is the way to go. I have found M1 to be the best for me.

I've been told it is best to first learn the machine in the factory default settings before tinkering with the many advanced settings.
I think that is very good advice.

Just like a new vehicle with an HO engine…. Listen for the nuances of performance!

I've been told it is best to first learn the machine in the factory default settings before tinkering with the many advanced settings.
I disagree, First, learning a new machine is a long process. Can anyone really say that they have "learned" any detector? How will you know what can improve your signal if you don't try to find out but just accept what the default is saying. Will the nuances of one tone (Iron eliminated) transfer over to multi tones or pitch?

I couldn't do without an iron tone and I knew from the Deus that I wanted full tones. My T2 would be gone now if I only used one tone 10 disc to learn it. I knew that was not what I wanted it for so why learn it one way and then switch and have to then learn what I wanted in the first place? Why buy adjustable and then not use it? JMO

lt might be better to say “get familiar” with a new detector. How long this takes depends on the operator and their level of experience. At some point you do have to get into the settings to really learn a machine and push it’s potential.