Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend not keeping time correctly

Tolerances, sample variability and varying usage conditions. Applies to any complex machinery, not just electronics. What works perfectly fine in "normal use" scenarios can exhibit "problems" and sample-to-sample variations when you push its limits. Oftentimes cutting production costs leads to "pushing its limits" as a default mode of operation – for example, the Galaxy Note 7 and their exploding batteries…
Thats what i meant lol

I want a clock only if it gives me more time 😂

So just an update to this issue. Still haven't been able to find out what is causing it, I have charged the legend twice this weekend and both times it kept time just fine. So I am kind of at a loss of what to think of it being. I have never had any issues with the bluetooth headphones needing to be re-paired . I am running V1.09 and I guess I will cave and try the factory reset to see if that helps. The reason I keep avoiding the factory reset is I just want to go swing the thing and dig targets, not have to mess around with all the settings again to get it how I like it.

I don't want people to think I am making a big deal out of this as I am very happy with the Legend so far. Been a great detector and I don't regret buying it at all. It is just annoying that as much money as I paid for it I can't get it to do something as simple as keep time and was curious to see if anyone else is having similar problems. Possibly even provide a solution for them.

Thanks for everyone's feedback and suggestions.

So just an update to this issue. Still haven't been able to find out what is causing it, I have charged the legend twice this weekend and both times it kept time just fine. So I am kind of at a loss of what to think of it being. I have never had any issues with the bluetooth headphones needing to be re-paired . I am running V1.09 and I guess I will cave and try the factory reset to see if that helps. The reason I keep avoiding the factory reset is I just want to go swing the thing and dig targets, not have to mess around with all the settings again to get it how I like it.

I don't want people to think I am making a big deal out of this as I am very happy with the Legend so far. Been a great detector and I don't regret buying it at all. It is just annoying that as much money as I paid for it I can't get it to do something as simple as keep time and was curious to see if anyone else is having similar problems. Possibly even provide a solution for them.

Thanks for everyone's feedback and suggestions.
So little confused. You just said it keeps time just fine and no BT issues,
So then what is the issue again?
Btw the factory reset, i just did it after the update and it did not change any settings whatsoever not even the time.
Factory reset took literally like 10 seconds and changed no settings i had.
Just go into user menu, hold down pinpoint button couple seconds until FD appears and its done.
That simple, probably more like 5 seconds.

So to clarify since I have really started paying attention to the time every time I turn on the legend it has been working fine. Before I really started to pay attention every so often I would look at the clock on the legend and it would be the wrong time and the wrong format (24hr when I had it set to 12hr) and I would have to reset the time to be correct again.

Last time I did the factory reset as like you're talking about it erased all of my "profiles" where I had different tone breaks set up for different things and also I had adjusted the volume and the frequency of the individual tone breaks. This took quite a bit of time to get right how I like it so I have resorted to writing all my settings down before I do the factory reset. If your "Factory Reset" didn't change any settings then maybe you are just running it completely stock out of the box? Otherwise what's the point of a factory reset that doesn't reset anything?

Last edited:
So to clarify since I have really started paying attention to the time every time I turn on the legend it has been working fine. Before I really started to pay attention every so often I would look at the clock on the legend and it would be the wrong time and the wrong format (24hr when I had it set to 12hr) and I would have to reset the time to be correct again.

Last time I did the factory reset as like you're talking about it erased all of my "profiles" where I had different tone breaks set up for different things and also I had adjusted the volume and the frequency of the individual tone breaks. This took quite a bit of time to get right how I like it so I have resorted to writing all my settings down before I do the factory reset. If your "Factory Reset" didn't change any settings then maybe you are just running it completely stock out of the box? Otherwise what's the point of a factory reset that doesn't reset anything?
Pulltaboo can explain it better than me as I asked about it erasing everything if i did a factory reset.
There are two different types of reset.
The factory reset as we are talking about just clears the memory after you do an update but bot any settings.
There is a type of “total” reset that resets everything to factory default that you would do for example the detector totally freezes and you cant do anything.
The simple factory reset as I explained should be tried first and usually clears any “bugs”
Kind of like rebooting your computer, clearing the memory vs wiping the hard drive and reinstalling the operating system. Hopefully that helps clarify.
And maybe Pulltaboo can chime in and explain it better or correct anything that I might have explained wrong as he helped me with doing the factory reset and i lost no settings not even the time.

And you are correct as i just change things as i go and not have profiles set up, so that could be the difference between us.
Again sorry for any confusion

When I did the reset I did how the manual says, go to the user menu in the settings and hold down the pin point button for a few seconds and the letters Fd will appear. As far as I knew I thought that was the only way to do a factory reset but would love to hear how the other way is done for future reference so maybe I won't lose all my presets.

At this point I have probably spent more time talking about it than it would have taken to just re adjust all the settings to how I have them now. Just want to learn as much as I can about this machine.

When I did the reset I did how the manual says, go to the user menu in the settings and hold down the pin point button for a few seconds and the letters Fd will appear. As far as I knew I thought that was the only way to do a factory reset but would love to hear how the other way is done for future reference so maybe I won't lose all my presets.

At this point I have probably spent more time talking about it than it would have taken to just re adjust all the settings to how I have them now. Just want to learn as much as I can about this machine.
Im in same boat as you.
As i was explained there are two different types of reset. Maybe the simple one does reset your profiles and sorry for any confusion. Im not sure how to do the hard reset i will see if Pulltaboo can explain it

So just wanted to update this thread. I charged up the legend last night and when I took it out today I noticed the time said 00:09..... Also have it on video I can post somewhere

So just wanted to update this thread. I charged up the legend last night and when I took it out today I noticed the time said 00:09..... Also have it on video I can post somewhere
That’s really odd. Unless anyone else knows what it could be i would try to contact Nokta Makro.
Just a suggestion maybe try to reinstall the update. I know when my computer got to a point it was easier to just wipe the drive and reinstall the operating system. Same with the cell phone sometimes you delete an app then reinstall usually clears things up.
Worth a try since fortunately it only takes a few seconds to do the update.

Do a factory reset and see if it helps.

Is there a way to save your settings before you factory reset or do you lose all of that? When I updated to 1.09 I did the factory reset and it was really annoying having to go back through all my settings to get them how they were. But I will try it and let you know.
when you do a factory reset it erases everything and puts the legend back to where it was when you pulled it out of the box the only thing it does not erase is the updates you have installed and the amount of time you have detected with the legend the clock that tells you what time it is has to be reset when you do a factory reset.

Last edited:
are you sure you are looking at the clock and not the timer that tracks how much you have detected with the legend

there is a clock to tell what time it is and a timer to tell you how much time you have in usage on the legend they are two different things

looks like a bunch of small problems
the only issue I am having with the Legend is the threshold and the ground balance, which I did the new threshold update it seems to have made the threshold worse in my opinion

I mainly detect for gold nuggets and a working threshold is almost crucial for detecting gold nuggets with the new threshold update if using headphones or ear buds there is no threshold sound unless you have the threshold set to 12 on the legend at 11 or lower there is no threshold sound 12 is way to high in my opinion the threshold also does not null or as I call it clip when you go over a target this is not correct for a threshold, the ground balance is also not working correctly in my opinion it should not go to zero in extremely high mineralized ground which I am also in due to extreme amounts of magnetite in areas I detect a properly working ground balance is also extremely important when detecting for gold nuggets to keep your detector stable

Im in same boat as you.
As i was explained there are two different types of reset. Maybe the simple one does reset your profiles and sorry for any confusion. Im not sure how to do the hard reset i will see if Pulltaboo can explain it
To do a full factory reset you click the power button (do not hold down) the one click of the power button will open the first set of sub menu's move over to the little man then hold down on the pin point reject button (keep holding down pin point reject button) you will see some lines going around the legend screen keep holding pin point reject button until you see (FD) once FD appears release pin point reject button WA La you have now done a factory reset which erases everything that you have set up the only things it does not erase is any installed updates and the timer that tracks your usage on the legend hope this helps

Last edited:
To do a full factory reset you click the power button (do not hold down) the one click of the power button will open the first set of sub menu's move over to the little man then hold down on the pin point reject button (keep holding down pin point reject button) you will see some lines going around the legend screen keep holding pin point reject button until you see (FD) once FD appears release pin point reject button WA La you have now done a factory reset which erases everything that you have set up the only things it does not erase is any installed updates and the timer that tracks your usage on the legend hope this helps
I believe that is the “soft” reset i was talking about.
The “hard” total reset is what you do if for example the detector freezes up where no matter what button you push it does not respond. So in the event you cant even go to the little man and the pinpoint button doesn’t respond like how it used to lock up at first with v1.03 you can reset it like it came out of the box.
Mine already came out of the box with v1.05 so I don’t know how it was done but apparently there is a way to reset everything. If someone had v1.03 and it locked up they would be able to explain it better

I don’t think you can do it as the new updated ones just has the factory reset you just mentioned built in.
If it is actually the clock and still not working i would still try to reinstall the current version of the software and just have to reprogram your settings.
Curious if everything else is working fine. I never heard anyone else with that problem

I don’t think you can do it as the new updated ones just has the factory reset you just mentioned built in.
If it is actually the clock and still not working i would still try to reinstall the current version of the software and just have to reprogram your settings.
Curious if everything else is working fine. I never heard anyone else with that problem

I believe that is the “soft” reset i was talking about.
The “hard” total reset is what you do if for example the detector freezes up where no matter what button you push it does not respond. So in the event you cant even go to the little man and the pinpoint button doesn’t respond like how it used to lock up at first with v1.03 you can reset it like it came out of the box.
Mine already came out of the box with v1.05 so I don’t know how it was done but apparently there is a way to reset everything. If someone had v1.03 and it locked up they would be able to explain it better
well the reset you are referring to Dilek has said several times to not do, I do not know why but that is what she has told several people that stated they did this reset like you are referring to, you may want to pose your question to Nokta/macro or PM Delik she usually responds pretty quick 1.04 was the first version which is what my Legend was I had one of the first batch that hit the US I have never had an issue with anything on mine locking up or anything there were a few that did though that posted up about the issue of locking up that was one of the first thins Delik told those that did have an issue with the locking up was do not hold the power button down again I do not know why she told them to not hold the button down.

Last edited: