Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend not keeping time correctly

The only clock issue I have is it keeps slowing. It drops maybe 10 minutes a month but I can live with it.

well the reset you are referring to Dilek has said several times to not do, I do not know why but that is what she has told several people that stated they did this reset like you are referring to, you may want to pose your question to Nokta/macro or PM Delik she usually responds pretty quick 1.04 was the first version which is what my Legend was I had one of the first batch that hit the US I have never had an issue with anything on mine locking up or anything there were a few that did though that posted up about the issue of locking up that was one of the first thins Delik told those that did have an issue with the locking up was do not hold the power button down again I do not know why she told them to not hold the button down.
I found the thread on here when they were freezing up. She did say to just update the software and it would fix it.
I believe it was v1.03 as the very first one where they we’re having that issue anything after 103 didn’t have that issue.
Again wouldn’t hurt to do a reinstall just like your computer, phone, etc unfortunately you have to set everything back up in tour profiles.
As for the reset it was instructed by NM on their website to do so after one of the updates in order for everything to work properly. Some one here we’re having issues after updating without doing the reset.
Everything software driven has issues time to time, I don’t know about you but just my cell phone alone i get a couple updates a year where they include “ bug fixes”
Doesn’t mean I personally experienced any of them but i update anyway.
But i have had apps not working correctly and the companies always suggest deleting and reinstalling it and that always fixed everything.
Again i think anything software driven has similar tendencies. And a reinstall or reboot usually clears things up.
Been a long time since i did any computer programming, like DOS back in the 80’s, I’m sure things are a-lot more complex and a-lot more can go wrong.
If you really want the clock I would try it or contact NM I’m sure they are more than willing to help

The only clock issue I have is it keeps slowing. It drops maybe 10 minutes a month but I can live with it.
Even nice watches run fast or slow I certainly wouldn’t expect my detector to be the most accurate lol

I found the thread on here when they were freezing up. She did say to just update the software and it would fix it.
I believe it was v1.03 as the very first one where they we’re having that issue anything after 103 didn’t have that issue.
Again wouldn’t hurt to do a reinstall just like your computer, phone, etc unfortunately you have to set everything back up in tour profiles.
As for the reset it was instructed by NM on their website to do so after one of the updates in order for everything to work properly. Some one here we’re having issues after updating without doing the reset.
Everything software driven has issues time to time, I don’t know about you but just my cell phone alone i get a couple updates a year where they include “ bug fixes”
Doesn’t mean I personally experienced any of them but i update anyway.
But i have had apps not working correctly and the companies always suggest deleting and reinstalling it and that always fixed everything.
Again i think anything software driven has similar tendencies. And a reinstall or reboot usually clears things up.
Been a long time since i did any computer programming, like DOS back in the 80’s, I’m sure things are a-lot more complex and a-lot more can go wrong.
If you really want the clock I would try it or contact NM I’m sure they are more than willing to help
you keep saying 1.03 there was no 1.03 the first units that hit the market were 1.04 and yes there was some of those that had a locking up issue very few the ones that were reported having lock up issues like I said Dilek stated to not i repeat do not hold the power button down to try and reset them this was way before any updates was released, you need to get your info correct, like I also stated I have no clue as to why Dilek said to not hold the power button down, up until the 1.07 update or 1.08 update and I can not remember which one there was no way to do a factory reset I believe it was with the 1.06 which soon became 1.07 update only after that could you even do a factory reset on the Legend which those of us that received the pre order units thought was odd that there was no way to reset the legend to factory defaults

the OP i believe is looking at the timer that tracks the amount of time his Legend has been in use and not the clock that tells you what time it is they are two different things my legend has kept correct time since I received it new and the only time I have had to reset it is when I do one of the updates and do the factory reset then and only then have I had to reset the time on the Legend

I actually just updated to v109 and did a factory reset and the time stayed the same.
Wouldn’t a factory reset wipe the time out though?
if you are doing the factory reset correctly it wipes everything back to the way your legend comes out of the box it resets the clock the backlight everything you have to do the factory reset as I described earlier that is the only reset there is there is one in the user profiles that you can do that only removes the custom set user profiles those are done one at a time the one I refer to earlier wipes everything back to the way it cam out of the box but it does not affect the software updates.

every single time I have done the factory reset as it is instructed in the updated manual for 1.08 or 1.09 it has reset everything, wiped all my custom user profiles, wiped my clock setting (have to re set) wiped my back light (have to re set) wiped every thing

there is no soft reset as you state, the only other way that the reset does not reset everything is if you are only deleting one of your saved custom user profiles which is done by clicking the power button once then move over to the little man once on the little man click the up arrow once it will now take you into a the custom user set up which is 4 little men move to the little man you want to delete it will have a check mark in it push the right arrow you will now see a circle looking thing in that little mans box hit the pin point reject button and you have now deleted that saved user custom profile the box around that particular little man will now be clear

if it is not resetting as I stated there is an issue with your legend I believe

I was one of the first to receive the legend once the pre orders hit the states and I have learned it well,