Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend Observations

RLOH

It is winter in northeast Ohio and besides the cold weather I have been dealing with a bad knee. Today, between rains, I took my Legend version 1.09 to my side yard. In the last couple of years I have found about 20 wheat pennies in a 12 foot by 12 foot area and all were 8 plus inches deep. The last detector I used in this spot was an Etrac and I believed I had everything within the depth limits of my detectors found.

Today I gridded this spot with a different angle and unbelievably, I found three more wheats and two older memorials. All were in the 9 inch deep range and all but one repeated from different angles. I do not know if I posted on this forum what a very deep coin sounds like on the Legend, but I will tell you again about my observations. They are very WEAK and most will repeat. Numbers will not always be present, but when they are, the seem slightly higher than a shallow coin. These copper pennies were in the high 40's with some low 50's numbers.

Another observation about extremely deep coins concerns the pinpoint function. It seems that a couple of these coins were barely able to be pinpointed. The pinpoint audio was very broken and staticty. I have encountered this with a couple of other detectors, most obvious was a Fisher CZ3d. It would find coins deeper than the pinpoint would work. I am not a technical person and I wish I was more able describe this better. If there is anything good about this quirk, it is nice to know how capable of finding real deep coins the Legend is. Park, multi one, sens 26. recovery 4, iron bias 4. These last two setting really seem to be the perfect combination for separation and depth.

It is winter in northeast Ohio and besides the cold weather I have been dealing with a bad knee. Today, between rains, I took my Legend version 1.09 to my side yard. In the last couple of years I have found about 20 wheat pennies in a 12 foot by 12 foot area and all were 8 plus inches deep. The last detector I used in this spot was an Etrac and I believed I had everything within the depth limits of my detectors found.

Today I gridded this spot with a different angle and unbelievably, I found three more wheats and two older memorials. All were in the 9 inch deep range and all but one repeated from different angles. I do not know if I posted on this forum what a very deep coin sounds like on the Legend, but I will tell you again about my observations. They are very WEAK and most will repeat. Numbers will not always be present, but when they are, the seem slightly higher than a shallow coin. These copper pennies were in the high 40's with some low 50's numbers.

Another observation about extremely deep coins concerns the pinpoint function. It seems that a couple of these coins were barely able to be pinpointed. The pinpoint audio was very broken and staticty. I have encountered this with a couple of other detectors, most obvious was a Fisher CZ3d. It would find coins deeper than the pinpoint would work. I am not a technical person and I wish I was more able describe this better. If there is anything good about this quirk, it is nice to know how capable of finding real deep coins the Legend is. Park, multi one, sens 26. recovery 4, iron bias 4. These last two setting really seem to be the perfect combination for separation and depth.
Hey RL did you ever get the etrac problem figured out??Mark ( ohio )

Hey RL did you ever get the etrac problem figured out??Mark ( ohio )
Mark, the Etrac was fixed by the Minelab repair center and I should have it in the next day or so. It was the mother board and was fixed with used parts. I am hoping that it will last as long as I am physically able to detect. The repair techs really do a nice job. A new mother board is 649.00 bucks. I would have scrapped it at that price.

Do not know if you know this or not but in the 1.09 Nokta added a AG (Audio Gain) the AG setting is for those deeper targets and that one feature works really good on deeper targets

Do not know if you know this or not but in the 1.09 Nokta added a AG (Audio Gain) the AG setting is for those deeper targets and that one feature works really good on deeper targets
No, I did not know this. I will give it a try. I watched several youtube videos on 1.09 version and I did not see this. Thanks!

No, I did not know this. I will give it a try. I watched several youtube videos on 1.09 version and I did not see this. Thanks!
yes sir it does, go to the volume setting and hit the pin point reject button you will see AG and the value it is currently set at

this is another suggestion if you have not done so.

if your legend was any other version then 1.09 most likely the manual you have for your legend is for what ever version your Legend was when you purchased it 1.04,1.05, 1.07, if your Legend was one of the three versions I mentioned your manual will not have all the info that is in the 1.09 version

this is the 1.09 manual click view to view it or you can click download to save to your PC and print out

The Legend Brochure (EN)ViewDownload