Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend update 1.06 is available (dated 4-08-2022)

This update has issues also. After updating mine the quarter and penny will hit with an ID of 10, nickel was still at 26. I reset all user modes and this seemed to fix that issue. Detector is still freezing up though.

Recently I updated to 0106 and it seemed to do fine, but I noticed that the Threshold wasn't fixed yet. Going up to about half way you could hear it on the speaker but going up a few more settings it got real loud then a real loud blare, still couldn't hear it on the wireless headphones, so I guess that fix is in the works for a future update.
I saw that someone stated that with 0106, if they turned on the machine and checked a US Quarter, Park Mode, M2 frequency, it would read a certain VDI number, but if you scrolled through all the frequencies back to M2, the quarter would show a higher VDI number.
Since I just updated to 0106,I tried this and originally got a reading of 44 on a US Clad Quarter, then scrolled through all the frequencies and stopped at M2 and read the quarter again, 49-50, Wow. All the time I checked a lower conductor, a nickle, and it always read 26.
The XP website now has the v1. 05. I changed back to this, and now the VDI seems more consistent on the quarter. M2 Park seemed a lot more sensitive, erratic, possibly EMI from location, but it again seemed to work fine.
I'll give this version a shot for the time being, and looking forward to when they have an update that addresses everything.
I did have the screen freeze up on me before to where no buttons would work, so I just held the power button down a long time, about 30 seconds, and it finally turned off. When I turned it on it worked as normal. It seems frustrating but I know we're heading in the right direction.

I have not updated yet, im using the unit as I got it originally. Will wait til they work out all the bugs. In the meantime my unit works very well, beach hunting is not my primary method as I only get there maybe once a year

I installed the update to my machine. I have not hunted in M2, so I have not seen any difference in the VDI numbers. I use Park mode in M1, 4 tone, Sens 30 with RS of 5. No issues for me with the update. I have only hunted in residential permission sites with the Legend and all is good. Time will tell.

Did a short hunt today and found a problem with the update. I found 6 clad quarters and the VDI numbers were showing 50, which is normal for quarters. The problem I found all of the quarters registered as Ferrous on the Ferrocheck none all them registered as non-ferrous.