Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legend vs Manticore

DigDog

Anyone know of any differences between the two other than $1000 price difference? Looking at specs they are almost identical

Anyone know of any differences between the two other than $1000 price difference? Looking at specs they are almost identical
Manticore: Run time 9 hrs.---Charge time 7 hrs.---Small coil 8.5X5.5" DD-------Legend: Run time 8 to 20 hrs. (depending on program used)---Charge time 3 to 4 hrs.---Small coil 6" DD---------For comparisons sake--Equinox 800: Run time 12 hrs.---Charge time 4 hrs.

Manticore: Run time 9 hrs.---Charge time 7 hrs.---Small coil 8.5X5.5" DD-------Legend: Run time 8 to 20 hrs. (depending on program used)---Charge time 3 to 4 hrs.---Small coil 6" DD---------For comparisons sake--Equinox 800: Run time 12 hrs.---Charge time 4 hrs.
Good info for comparison!

Someone should do a good side by side comparison. Other than Legend is $730, and manticore is $1600
The only thing that stands out feature wise is the manticore is waterproof up to 16ft vs legend 10ft.
Other than that everything is almost identical even the frequencies they run.
Battery life and charge time is little better on legend.
Not trying to bash anyone here as i do like some ML machines but am I missing something?
Say i wanted both give me something other than it can go 6ft deeper under water for $900 price difference.
Seriously if i was to hunt that deep underwater( SCUBA) i would definitely just get the excalliber II. Why stop at 16 feet just seems awkward.
Either your wading/snorkeling in which case the legend is plenty deep enough or you are SCUBA diving and why limit yourself to only 16ft then.

Sorry, since you brought it up then how do you justify the price difference between the Nox800 and manticore?
I have no problem with the 800, personally i just prefer the Legend over it especially for the price. It has certain little things to my liking.
I would pay a little more if something had things i like better, but to pay a lot more it really needs to have something for it not just as someone said that new car smell feeling.
I was in car sales actually when i was younger and many were trained to sell the sizzle not the steak.
Where’s the beef ?
Maybe because they see XP is selling hobby detectors for $1600 they want in on that action, I don’t know….

Inquiry
To circumvent
any of my members being admonished for having this discussion here.
Should this be discussed on a thread for comparing metal detectors.
I would never say anything intentionally to offend any of my fellow members, and I am only hoping this is received in the
manner it is intended. Is this better received than otherwise?
Leatherneck
Semper fidelis

Sorry, since you brought it up then how do you justify the price difference between the Nox800 and manticore?
I have no problem with the 800, personally i just prefer the Legend over it especially for the price. It has certain little things to my liking.
I would pay a little more if something had things i like better, but to pay a lot more it really needs to have something for it not just as someone said that new car smell feeling.
I was in car sales actually when i was younger and many were trained to sell the sizzle not the steak.
Where’s the beef ?
Maybe because they see XP is selling hobby detectors for $1600 they want in on that action, I don’t know….
I'm not trying to "justify" anything.----You asked for differences between the Manticore & Legend & I just stated a few like you requested.------I do agree with you in that I prefer the Legend over the Equinox 800.

Inquiry
To circumvent
any of my members being admonished for having this discussion here.
Should this be discussed on a thread for comparing metal detectors.
I would never say anything intentionally to offend any of my fellow members, and I am only hoping this is received in the
manner it is intended. Is this better received than otherwise?
Leatherneck
Semper fideli

I feel it's appropriate since the THREAD is specifically titled LEGEND vs MANTICORE.

Comparisons will be far more interesting and accurate when done in the dirt. Shoot, who knows, maybe the Manticore is 3-4" deeper then anything else and tops all for unmasking, too. Oh, and I think the Legend has the ear marks of being a pretty good detector. HH Jim Tn

Another thing many forget when comparing the Legend to others is that the Legend is a $600 detector. Not $700+. That is the pro pack which comes with an extra coil and external battery pack.
Ok so i paid $639 not $700 for similar package of either $999 or $1599 respectively.

Comparisons will be far more interesting and accurate when done in the dirt. Shoot, who knows, maybe the Manticore is 3-4" deeper then anything else and tops all for unmasking, too. Oh, and I think the Legend has the ear marks of being a pretty good detector. HH Jim Tn
Simply was asking an out of box comparison of features and price.
In ground performance comparisons can have so many variables.
A expert using a $80 bounty hunter can get better performance than a extreme novice using a $1600 XP

I'm not trying to "justify" anything.----You asked for differences between the Manticore & Legend & I just stated a few like you requested.------I do agree with you in that I prefer the Legend over the Equinox 800.
Maybe justify was the wrong word. Was asking the difference between the Legend and Manticore since by looks and specs they are almost identical and wondering what the Manticore has out of the box that that is worth nearly $1000 more.
As i said i was in car sales, if my car on the lot was nearly identical, say a Honda accord compared to a Toyota Camery and i was asking $5000 more, and the customer said well i can go down the road and get the Camery for $5000 less.
I don’t think saying well the Honda has pinstripes, Michelin tires and maybe it can max out a little faster on the highway 160mph vs 140mph but you have to buy it and try to find out, would cut it.
No offense wasn’t asking for a Nox 800 comparison as im familiar and don’t intend this to be a NM vs ML thread as some might make it to be.
Otherwise yes if i wanted to compare it to many others would have posted in a different thread. But just to reiterate the only advertised main difference is that it can go 6ft deeper in water. That does nothing for me. Am I missing something else out of the box that would make me pay $960 more?
Ive had multiple detectors as many others. If i were to consider another i would want to make sure Im not paying more than double for basically the same thing is all. Let me know why its worth nearly $1000 more
Thanks for the info.

One is brand new technology, and not even available yet, and will have a 2D screen, to help make a dig/ no dig decision.
The other has already been available for about 6 months, has had numerous firmware updates, (aprox. 30 changes to date) and may stll have yet another firmware update in the near future.