Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Legends have defective speakers

MegaDeus

I've talked to multiple people, seems the speakers are prone to break. Try running it for 20 hours on speaker, good chance it won't make it, considering most use headphones. A few have stated they sent it in to get repaired, and it broke again after a few days. Beware the speakers are weak on the Nokta legend

I've talked to multiple people, seems the speakers are prone to break. Try running it for 20 hours on speaker, good chance it won't make it, considering most use headphones. A few have stated they sent it in to get repaired, and it broke again after a few days. Beware the speakers are weak on the Nokta legend
Well I do not know what to say
I have had no issues with mine or my wife's Legend speaker or otherwise, mine was one of the first ones to come into the US my wife's I ordered a couple months latter and neither of us use headphones except occasionally depending on where we are detecting, I am wandering if those that are having speaker issues is due to running the volume to loud because at max volume the Legend is very very loud I run mine and my wife's at 2-3 on volume and we have no issues hearing the Legends at that volume level and I deal with 4 different sounds going on at all times in both my ears, because of tendinitis in both ears 24/7, I am on the Facebook Legend user groups and I have not read hardly any post of people having speaker issues except for a couple, the others that I have read about with speaker issues said the issue occured after they had installed an update they also stated that they re installed that update and there issue went away

My speaker went out and I sent it in and I haven't had anymore issues. But I use my headphones 98% of the time. If it quits working again I know that I won't have any issues with getting it repaired due to Makro Nokta taking care of its customers wants and needs.

My speaker went out and I sent it in and I haven't had anymore issues. But I use my headphones 98% of the time. If it quits working again I know that I won't have any issues with getting it repaired due to Makro Nokta taking care of its customers wants and needs.
Only problem is, should the customer really have to pay for shipping back to the factory? Seems it's the most common problem with them.

They have a repair service in the states so the shipping cost isn't that bad. They pay for the return shipping cost. And the turn around time was less than a week.

They have a repair service in the states so the shipping cost isn't that bad. They pay for the return shipping cost. And the turn around time was less than a week.
Shipping anything is going to be $20 or so, especially with UPS. Plus gas/time taking the package, boxing it, buying a box, shipping tape. And.. if it gets damaged, it's your loss going there.

Shipping anything is going to be $20 or so, especially with UPS. Plus gas/time taking the package, boxing it, buying a box, shipping tape. And.. if it gets damaged, it's your loss going there.
I ain't worried about the speaker really I don't use a detector without headphones and 20 bucks ain't going to break my wallet and you can purchase shipping insurance. Do you own a Legend? Going by your username it almost makes me wonder if you aren't on here trying to stir up business for other detector manufacturers by trying to turn people away from getting a Legend. Myself I've had all of the newest detectors and the Legend by far wins hands down on performance and depth and simplicity of use at a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:
I’ve had mine now for 2 months with no speaker issues, altho I run with headphones when I’m out. I run speaker when playing around at home testing or experimenting.
And yeah with that name makes one wonder especially since its cutting into Deus sales now…..

Interesting turn around time to get a detector fixed is less than a week. Purchasing a new accessory for the legend, getting it damaged in the mail and the warranty department is nowhere to be heard from just to get it replaced when it was originally damaged to begin with.
Yes I contacted the dealer and Nokta both, and no response back from either one yet.
Just to update anyone, Nokta apparently has a policy if you purchase a new accessory for your metal detector from a dealer and you received it damaged in the mail it has to go through the warranty department before you can get a replacement. Then its up to individual dealer discretion weather they want to ship you out a new one or not.
Doesn’t seem very lets take care of the customer to me.

Hey don’t get me wrong not attacking you at all but hope you understand my frustration especially when i see posts about Nokta caring for customers but i did not even get acknowledged by them on getting screwed out of a new accessory.
I understand it’s probably a shady dealer or is it because you would think Nokta would not want their dealers behaving that way and would want to straighten it out for the companies sake if they really cared.
I had to finally find a dealer that stepped up to the plate to do the right thing for the customer and purchased another one. With no end in site i had no choice really.
Couldn’t even get a response or time frame on a replacement for a new part but to repair a detector is less than a week from what i see. I don’t understand. Calling out the dealer is going to do what?
Is it going to get me my part that I already bought again. My money back? If Nokta doesn’t apparently care what the dealer does or is actually tying the hands of the dealer then what?

Just for the record it is an awesome detector as far as i am concerned especially for the money.
I have no problems with the detector itself just the way they do business.
If you cant back your product though with customer service and parts then what good is it eventually. Unless you have money to throw around then it doesn’t really make a difference.

I would think that it should of had shipping insurance on it. If not the dealer should take care of you on the replacement. If I sold something to someone and shipped it with out insurance it would be my fault if it got damaged for not insuring it Not the manufacturers fault. I believe I would find a different dealer if I were you. That stinks man.

i only use headphones or if its too hot out ill skip the headphones and use vibrate. Used that function on my anfibio and kruzer, no issues

I would think that it should of had shipping insurance on it. If not the dealer should take care of you on the replacement. If I sold something to someone and shipped it with out insurance it would be my fault if it got damaged for not insuring it Not the manufacturers fault. I believe I would find a different dealer if I were you. That stinks man.
Yeah well unless i play that dealers
Game im screwed out of $100
I would think Nokta would step
Up in that case and make sure i got the replacement but they have no response.
You would think they would want the dealer to make it right or something. Its alot cheaper for the manufacture to replace it.
I can understand the dealer doesn’t want to lose that money either. But on the other hand if you have a business and you cant t float $100 until you get reimbursement something is wrong. Apparently they are a big online store with more accessories than most, a store front in one state and warehouse in another. Claim to be a mom and pop shop but it was an actual mom and pop one little location that did the right thing

i only use headphones or if its too hot out ill skip the headphones and use vibrate. Used that function on my anfibio and kruzer, no issues
So 4 months out of the year its
Over 90 degrees here so headphones aren’t really comfortable. Hope
Mine don’t go out but curious you just use vibrate can you tell the difference well like with different tones ? Always thought sound was the most important especially being used to beep and dig machines

i use visual id, and as little time as i have to hunt at times numbers work for me

i use visual id, and as little time as i have to hunt at times numbers work for me i mean you said you use vibrate if not using the speaker or headphones.
No i mean you said you use vibrate if not the headphones or speaker with sound
So you detect with no sound just vibrate?