Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lesche Sampson T handle carrier

Picketwire

I bought readyshovel carrier for my Lesche shove. The shovel was always banging on my leg while walking. I split about a 1 foot piece of pvc pipe and put it on the shaft of the shovel to make it about the same diameter as the handle and centered it over the balance point when the shovel is held vertical, then duct taped it there. Now I can carry it vertically to one side and no longer hit on my leg while walking.

Interesting. I have the 36” shovel and had the hammer loop on my Carhardt nail apron cut and snaps installed. Worked pretty good but 36” shovel still dragged on the ground. Now I use shovel as a walking stick when walking and use it to move branches or items out of my way.

I have used a Ready Shovel carrier for years and hardly ever have the shovel bang my leg. It is the 31" Sampson, and I have the blade-bottom surface showing away from my leg when hanging. I do get leg bangs with it inverted the other way. That could make a difference. I'd never choose that carrier for a 36" Sampson, I'm just too short for a long shovel hanging off my belt. I love my Ready Shovel.

I bought readyshovel carrier for my Lesche shove. The shovel was always banging on my leg while walking. I split about a 1 foot piece of pvc pipe and put it on the shaft of the shovel to make it about the same diameter as the handle and centered it over the balance point when the shovel is held vertical, then duct taped it there. Now I can carry it vertically to one side and no longer hit on my leg while walking.
I also used a pvc pipe and a heat gun to make my t handle holders...I found that a slight curve in in will keep it away from your leg...
the 16 inch shovel is just right as I can step on it standing up and also use it on my knees without any trouble..also a slight bend on the belt guide tip will keep it on your belt.

Attachments

• 16 inch.gif
    16 inch.gif
    260.6 KB · Views: 211
  • holder.gif
    holder.gif
    279 KB · Views: 202
Nice job Elmy! I tried something similar but I only had a propane torch at the time and a bad design (my own) and it broke. Your design looks much better.
as I said. the belt size is the key to comfort...just enough to get your belt in and the little bend keeps the shovel away from you legs.