Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's Build The Perfect Garrett Metal Detector :clapping:

jimmyjiver

Hi,, Perhaps if we give the Garrett Company some of our ideas they may use some of our design ideas in their next machine....I will start it out with no certain order of importance to me.....Here's my ideas for a perfect Garrett metal detector.....JJ

#1..Let's change the ergonomics and make it like brand x with the best ergonomics.

#2 Keep the AT Pro platform but get rid of the standard mode.

#3 Let's put an adjustable threshold in the discrimination mode like the old Garrett's.

#4 Use a standard toggle switch for pinpoint.

#5 Use standard audio and coil jacks and forget the waterproof ideal.

#6 Definitely keep the modulated audio.

#7 A bigger numerical lighted screen would be a plus.

#8 Put an adjustable low tone (iron) volume control on it.

#9 Keep the all metal no motion de-tuneable pinpoint.

#10 Lose the out dated square dots.

#11 Keep the black color scheme.

#12 More controllable notch segments would be nice.

Hi,, I forgot to add this important thing....Let's keep the price affordable like you have in the past so we can still proudly buy an American made product :usaflag:..:thumbup:..Thanks..:thumbup:..JJ

jimmyjiver said:
Hi,, Perhaps if we give the Garrett Company some of our ideas they may use some of our design ideas in their next machine....I will start it out with no certain order of importance to me.....Here's my ideas for a perfect Garrett metal detector.....JJ

#1..Let's change the ergonomics and make it like brand x with the best ergonomics.

#2 Keep the AT Pro platform but get rid of the standard mode.

#3 Let's put an adjustable threshold in the discrimination mode like the old Garrett's.

#4 Use a standard toggle switch for pinpoint.

#5 Use standard audio and coil jacks and forget the waterproof ideal.

#6 Definitely keep the modulated audio.

#7 A bigger numerical lighted screen would be a plus.

#8 Put an adjustable low tone (iron) volume control on it.

#9 Keep the all metal no motion de-tuneable pinpoint.

#10 Lose the out dated square dots.

#11 Keep the black color scheme.

#12 More controllable notch segments would be nice.

Don't forget the back light

Hi,,#7 took care of the back light.....I'm surprised everyone is perfectly content with the current Garrett offerings....JJ

Here are my thoughts...

#1..Let's change the ergonomics and make it like brand x with the best ergonomics. I hate S Rods.

#2 Keep the AT Pro platform but get rid of the standard mode. I never use it myself.

#3 Let's put an adjustable threshold in the discrimination mode like the old Garrett's. I like silent search, but I know others like the threshold.

#4 Use a standard toggle switch for pinpoint. YES YES and YES!

#5 Use standard audio and coil jacks and forget the waterproof ideal. Keep the waterproof connectors.

#6 Definitely keep the modulated audio YUPPERS.

#7 A bigger numerical lighted screen would be a plus. MAke the screen ANti-Glare!!! Add a clock...backlight is always a plus...

#8 Put an adjustable low tone (iron) volume control on it. Put a volume control on it period...

#9 Keep the all metal no motion de-tuneable pinpoint. Ratcheting pinpoint is good...

#10 Lose the out dated square dots. Icons would be nice...

#11 Keep the black color scheme....I LIKE Black!

#12 More controllable notch segments would be nice....Yes...I want to notch out just a few numbers, not a whole block...

#13 More Power Scotty!!! Use 9V batteries (2 of them)

HH,

I believe if they lower the freq a bit, us coin shooters would do better. A little bit lighter would be good.

Hi,,, I believe you are correct a little lower frequency probably would get down a little deeper on silver etc.....JJ