Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lets build the ultimate coin hunter Nokta/Makro

Bill_S

I would like to see Nokta/Makro come out with a detector really geared towards coin hunting. Here is my list of what I would like to see. Feel free to add your ideas.
Can be built off the racer or impact model. And of course I would have to help demo it.....

Modulation - Adjustable
Tones - 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 99 - Plus a deep all metal mode
Adjustable tones
adjustable tone break points - 0-5 unless you are in the 99 tone mode
Notch discrimination
Large numerical readout
VCO pinpoint
Backlight
Small, medium and larger coils. Maybe a concentric to help with bottlecaps
volume control on the disc or tone break areas.
waterproof would be nice.
Wireless headphones as an option
recovery speed adjustable

What else would be nice?

I sure don't like having to come by to babysit and delete messages while recreating the original message which was quite simple and straight forward. Just answer the post without sneaking in your personal favorites. It's real easy to remove you from just this forum. I know most of you didn't do that but it's way too hard to read every single message. I just started it over. Please repost anything that was just answering the original poster.

Guvner..

Screen readout up front, not below on the side like the Relic/Core.

I absolutely enjoy both my Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, and the small TID, GB and Coin Depth display ion the handle s ample for most needs.

coast40 said:
Your request has been answered!!

You will have a choice of an in-your-face display by choosing either the Makro Racer 2 or the Nokta Impact, and both of them are certainly excellent Coin Hunting units, as well as any other application you might have for them, especially the very versatile Impact.

Monte

All I want is a machine that can be swung fast (like makro/noktas can) with say an 11" dd coil or there abouts, it can accurately id by tone and number our Australian $1 and $2 to a depth of say 6" and not hit crown caps with coin like id's. I know there are methods to check if its a coin or cap and some machines do it better than others but I don't want to do it at all, I'm really hoping the Impact in 5khz is the one I'm looking for. Hopefully by months end I will know.

I don't want much at all.

Favotti said:
All I want is a machine that can be swung fast (like makro/noktas can) with say an 11" dd coil or there abouts, it can accurately id by tone and number our Australian $1 and $2 to a depth of say 6" and not hit crown caps with coin like id's. I know there are methods to check if its a coin or cap and some machines do it better than others but I don't want to do it at all, I'm really hoping the Impact in 5khz is the one I'm looking for. Hopefully by months end I will know.

I don't want much at all.

When I sweep crown cap with the Impact unit I have,,,if you have the iron volume dialed up a bit,,,you'll here the buzz in tone denoting target contains some ferrous.
Happens in 20khz and 14khz and 5khz.

The cows don't seem as responsive using 5kha.

Also coil height here can be slightly raised and the TID will tail off big time with cap.
Also you sip the coil forwards or backwards towards the heel or toe of coil,,,tone gets broken to non existent.

The only caps I see that could even possibly be a problem might be a deep one.

Sorry squirrel I don't know how to use the quote, I rarely post.

Seems the same as nearly all other machines on the market in regards to dd coil and crown cap. Topic was lets build the ultimate coin hunter and I don't want to do any of the above methods to eliminate a crown cap, I just want to hear and see my gold coins, may be impossible due to many factors though.

Problem for me is I might go to the city and cover 5km or more in one hunt and in quick time, caps here for the best part hit spot on our $1 and $2 coins (very close to your zinc penny numbers), most can be eliminated by one technique or another, but some still get dug because they sound just too good.

Thank You for the advice Squirrel, and I'm sure I'll be asking more questions of you when my unit arrives.

Look in the bottom area of this post,,,see the word quote,,,click on it and whatever is in the box will be transcribed to your post's box.

You can even practice using without posting if you like.

squirrel1 said:
Look in the bottom area of this post,,,see the word quote,,,click on it and whatever is in the box will be transcribed to your post's box.

You can even practice using without posting if you like.

like this

Monte said:
I absolutely enjoy both my Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, and the small TID, GB and Coin Depth display ion the handle s ample for most needs.

coast40 said:
Your request has been answered!!

You will have a choice of an in-your-face display by choosing either the Makro Racer 2 or the Nokta Impact, and both of them are certainly excellent Coin Hunting units, as well as any other application you might have for them, especially the very versatile Impact.

Monte
Monte, thanks, I don't have first hand knowledge of those models, and thought the small readout was a hindrance. My only experience is with the F2.

small DD 5" or less wont as a rule hit beer caps, multi freq detectors don't hit beer caps as a rule, concentric coils as a rule don't hit beer caps...

anything else will hit beer caps as a rule, also as a rule the top 3 will miss coins thinking they are beer caps.

there is no perfect detector some do better than others at differing tasks sometimes 3 detectors would be needed to get the most out of a site.

AJ

amberjack said:
small DD 5" or less wont as a rule hit beer caps, multi freq detectors don't hit beer caps as a rule, concentric coils as a rule don't hit beer caps...

anything else will hit beer caps as a rule, also as a rule the top 3 will miss coins thinking they are beer caps.

there is no perfect detector some do better than others at differing tasks sometimes 3 detectors would be needed to get the most out of a site.

AJ

I'm well aware of the above, and none of them are practical in my situation. Subject Is, Lets build the ultimate coin hunter Nokta/Makro, for me that would be the ultimate coin machine.

was just stating some facts to work with to fix if you wish... and excuse my ignorance but why buy a detector that isn't going to met your needs? sure we have all done it but single freq detectors and bigger DD coils and beer caps isn't new news.

AJ

amberjack said:
was just stating some facts to work with to fix if you wish... and excuse my ignorance but why buy a detector that isn't going to met your needs? sure we have all done it but single freq detectors and bigger DD coils and beer caps isn't new news.

AJ

I' ve tried them all. I can't run very fast with an fbs machine in my hands, like I said I was staying on topic. Don't get me wrong I still find $$$ by the bucket fall, just would like what I stated.