Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Lets get this forum going again!

There must be a lot of GPX owners out there. So why don't we all start contributing to this forum and get some life back into it.

If there is something you want to know and cant see an answer on any of the previous posts, ask! There is bound to be a user who can give an answer.

Unless people contribute posts a forum dies and isn't much good to anyone.... so how about posting a question or an opinion etc....:clapping:

Here's my GPX4500 tip..............in heavily mineralised ground, the norm seems to be using a mono in ENHANCE which is quite effective...BUT.....do not discount the trusty DD coil in NORMAL timings as it will punch deeper on small and bigger gold. The added bonus with the DD is also some reasonable iron rejection (mainly surface and down a couple of inches) plus superior EMI blocking. I know Mono coils are all the rage but before you "dumb" down your GPX into Enhance and a mono, try the "hairy chested" Normal timing and see how you go.....

Tony.

Tony said:
Here's my GPX4500 tip..............in heavily mineralised ground, the norm seems to be using a mono in ENHANCE which is quite effective...BUT.....do not discount the trusty DD coil in NORMAL timings as it will punch deeper on small and bigger gold. The added bonus with the DD is also some reasonable iron rejection (mainly surface and down a couple of inches) plus superior EMI blocking. I know Mono coils are all the rage but before you "dumb" down your GPX into Enhance and a mono, try the "hairy chested" Normal timing and see how you go.....

Tony.

Thanks for your tip Tony, I am sure it will be of use to those detecting on heavily mineralised ground.:thumbup: