Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Let's have another one...just like the other one...more barnacled bottles today

Magyar

and when I went to remove the barnacles in the sink, underneath them they were still alive!!! Ugh! :surprised:

It was another beautiful, sunny day at the beach...low 30's..no wind. Hunted 3 hrs. at low tide.

The whiskey bottle is vintage.I found two of the same, but couldn't fit them both in my pockets, so I have to go back tomorrow and retrieve the second one where I placed it in the grass.

The large , ugly bottle is embossed "Hicksville Bottle Co, Hicksville NY" ...can't find any history of this company. On the heel and neck is also embossed "ROXY" 29 FL OZ ...????

Can anyone help ID this larger bottle?

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking

M

n/t

n/t

Could very well be a blob top beer or soda bottle. Is it a crown top the kind that had the pop top bottle cap or does it look like a round ball? Most likely a beer bottle, does it say registered around the bottom edge or side?

REQUEST

Hi,

I am a metal detectorist who finds many old bottles on the shoreline.

Yesterday, I found a large crown top bottle embossed with the name ROXY on the upper part, and on the heel is

Hi,

Sorry to revive an old thread. But i actually might be able to provide some information, as my grandfather owned the Hicksville Bottling Company.

Thanks,

Congrats Lorraine......great bottle finds and good to be back posting on the forums but still having problems with learning this LP and Windows 8 program...but will conquer sooner or later! :) Glad you are still able to go detecting and still finding the goodies! May God Bless! AMEN! Ma